First things first: If you’re interested in joining us as we go through this 4-week January challenge, simply sign up HERE and grab your copy of A Month Of Healthy Eats. Today is day 1, so it’s a great time to dive in with us! This 4-week nutrition and fitness program is focused on simple, delicious recipes and efficient, 30-minute workouts. Love tacos and pizza? 🙋🏻 Then this plan is for you, friend!
Today, we’re kicking off the year with this delicious and easy Garlic Chickpea Spaghetti Squash recipe!
Now, if you’ve never made spaghetti squash before, I know it can seem a little intimidating (daunting? exhausting? too much work? all of the above?). But believe me! It’s pretty much the easiest thing ever.
To make spaghetti squash, simply cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, and place face down on a baking sheet covered in water. Bake, then remove the “spaghetti” with a fork! SO easy, y’all!
For this Garlic Chickpea Spaghetti Squash, simply add the easy homemade spaghetti sauce and chickpeas (in the recipe below) to the spaghetti squash and enjoy! Such a fun, delicious, and healthy meal that’s also vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free!
Participating in the January Challenge? Be sure to check in by letting us know what you’re making today and tagging your photos #AMonthOfHealthyEats!
Here’s the recipe for this easy Garlic Chickpea Spaghetti Squash:
Garlic Chickpea Spaghetti Squash
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 10 oz. canned chickpeas
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 8 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp crushed basil (fresh or dried)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half (long ways) and remove the seeds and filling in the middle.
- Pour a thin layer of water over a baking pan, place each squash half face down, and bake for about 45 minutes.
- When the squash has about 10 minutes left, mix all of the other ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Keeping the sauce mixture warm, remove the squash from the oven and scrape out the “spaghetti” with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply