Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowls loaded with lentils, arugula, broccoli, tahini, and basically anything else you want to add to them! So delicious and perfect for a weeknight dinner or meal prep lunch!
Happy December, friends! Ok, well, technically last week’s Income Report was the first post of December, but this is the first food post….so, yeah. Happy December 😉
Are you in the holiday spirit yet? Not-so-secret confession: I’ve been majorly in the holiday spirit since pretty much October. Like, literally before Halloween was even here. Everyone made fun of me for it (and by everyone I mainly mean CODY 🙄), but I just couldn’t help myself! I was over here making all the Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Slow Cooker Mexican Hot Chocolate, Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes, and Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake. I mean, can you blame me??
P.S: YES, that photo was taking in our brand new #EdnaTheHouse kitchen!! It’s finally done, y’all. If you’ve been following along on my personal Insta and the kitchen renovation, you know how happy I am about this (haha). I’ll post a full update soon!
Admittedly, I might have gotten into this whole holiday thing a tad early. And now….well….I’m paying the consequences with a little bit of holiday burn out. I mean, not totally, I don’t think my Christmas obsession could ever truly go away. But these Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowls in the midst of all of the holiday recipes and madness just feel….right. 🙂 Ya know?
These Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowls are vegetarian, gluten free, and so easy to make!
Is a recipe even necessary? Probably not! I literally made these with whatever vegetables and grains I had in my fridge + chickpeas for protein. So delicious!
There are so many ways to make these bowls. They’re also really similar to these Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls! So if you liked that recipe, you’ll really love this one as well. Also, I recommend topping power/nourish bowls like these with tahini! It gives it a creaminess that just brings all of the flavors together. I definitely recommend keeping tahini on hand for bowls!
A few other notes about this recipe: use canned chickpeas and pre-cut sweet potatoes if possible! In the video below I went ahead and cut my own sweet potatoes, but buying them pre-cut from the store saves a lot of time and energy 😉
Watch my Insta story on how I made these Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowls:
Here’s the recipe for Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowls!
Vegan Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowls
- 4 small sweet potatoes or 3 cups cubed
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 3 cups arugula (or greens of choice)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes.
- Wrap in foil and place on a baking sheet with 1 Tbsp of oil and 1 Tbsp of water, then roast for 20 minutes.
- Wrap the broccoli in foil paper with 1 Tbsp of oil and 1 Tbsp of water, then add to the same baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chickpeas with the garlic and paprika.
- Wrap the chickpeas in foil paper and place on the same baking sheet as the other vegetables.
- Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Place the arugula and lentils in each bowl.
- Add the sweet potatoes, broccoli, and chickpeas.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!