But first: we are now 6.5 days away from closing on our FIRST HOME! We could not be more excited. This statement could also be rewritten as follows: we are now 6.5 days away from total madness and the craziest schedule we’ve ever had! Yeeeeaaahhh….this thing is going to be a lot of work, but we’re motivated and excited about it. 😉 If this is your first time here on Jar Of Lemons, you can read the Healthy Chicken Fajita Tacos and Healthy Sriracha Shredded Chicken Tacos posts to catch up on this house hunting/purchasing saga. You can also follow along over on my personal Instagram!
For those of you who have been following along, first of all, THANK YOU for your encouraging words as we searched for the right home! Some of you amazing humans gave us great advice in things to look for and how to refine the search. Now that we’re so close to owning one, I’m more grateful than ever for this community and it’s support!
As many of you know, we will be remodeling some and painting the entire house. Cody thinks I’m crazy with my remod ideas, but I’m good with it. I can’t wait to show you guys photos, before and afters, and just share the process with you all! Stay tuned, friends.
And NOW…the star of the show…..Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole!
Are warm, cozy casseroles still allowed in late spring/almost summer? If not, please don’t kick me off of the internet. I need you in my life.
In the defense of this Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole, well, just trust me. It’s WORTH it. Creamy, savory, indulgent, wholesome, and everything in between! And it does have zucchini in it, which totally makes it a summer-ish recipe. Right? Please say yes!
This recipe reminds me of a warm-weather version of the Vegan Green Bean Casserole dish. So easy to make and great for a weeknight dinner!
Here’s how to make this Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole:
Ok friend, you’ll need a few things to get started. One of my favorite ways to make spiralized zucchini is with this handheld spiralizer! It’s so easy to use and doesn’t take a lot of space in your kitchen. You can also buy pre-spiralized zucchini at the grocery store!
Once you’re ready to make this Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole, simply bake the chicken, spiralize the zucchini, cook the mushrooms and zucchini in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat, and then add everything else in. Let the flavors blend and serve hot!
Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the cubed chicken breasts until fully cooked (about 30 minutes).
- While the chicken is baking, heat up the avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spiralize the zucchini.
- Cook the mushrooms in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the spiralized zucchini and continue to cook for another 7-10 minutes (or until the mushrooms reduce in size and the zucchini softens).
- In a separate bowl, mix the cashew butter and almond milk to create a sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place in the skillet.
- Pour the cashew butter and almond milk into the skillet.
- Top with optional grated vegan cheese and continue to cook until everything is hot.
- Serve hot and enjoy!