Fall is just around the corner and this Paleo pumpkin coffee creamer is exactly what your coffee needs! I know, I know, it’s only September, hold the pumpkin for another month, but I. CAN’T! I, Jennifer, used to be a Starbucks junky and the minute they released the pumpkin spice latte I was the first in line. But, I quickly realized the ingredients in their pumpkin spice latte were not so good for the body. Even with the changes they made last year, it still contains ingredients I’d rather avoid. And the best way to avoid harsh chemical ingredients is to make your own homemade replacement! Enter in the Paleo pumpkin creamer.
Making your own homemade coffee creamer is super easy with my all-time favorite Paleo hack ingredient, canned coconut milk. In case you were wondering, canned coconut milk does not taste like coconut. It has a smooth, nutty flavor, but not too strong, making it an easy ingredient swap for dairy. I always keep a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator so that I can use the hard cream that forms when it’s cold. You’ll want to have a can in the refrigerator for this recipe.
I couldn’t wait for the first day of fall to roll around so I could whip up a batch of this Paleo Pumpkin Coffee Creamer.
Smooth coconut milk, organic pumpkin puree, pure maple syrup to add a touch of sweetness and an array of spices make this Paleo pumpkin coffee creamer the perfect addition to your morning coffee. I normally start my mornings with, what I call, “fatty coffee”. Which is actually just another name for the famed bullet proof coffee. I simply replace the plain canned coconut milk I would normally use in my coffee with this pumpkin creamer variation. However you add it to your coffee, it won’t disappoint. Just a tip, blend together your coffee and the pumpkin creamer in a blender, it will make is silky smooth!
Here’s the recipe:
Paleo Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
- 1 whole can organic coconut milk
- 1 can organic coconut milk (cream only)
- 6 tbsp . organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp . pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp . cinnamon
- 6 tbsp . pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp . pure vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and heat over medium-low heat, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into a mason jar and let cool.
- Once cooled, store in the refrigerator.
- Use with your favorite coffee as you would any other creamer. For an even smoother latte, blend together your coffee and pumpkin creamer in a blender.