I don’t know about you, but I get tired of eating the same thing over and over again. Correction: I tend to find something I’m obsessed with, eat it everyday until I’m SICK of it, and then cut it out of my life because I just can’t go on eating the same thing over and over again. Maybe it’s a little passive agressive, I know. But it leads me to unique and delicious recipes, like these Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls! And for that, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Anyway, all that to say, I’ve gone the chicken + veggies meal prep route and have loved it, but am ready for something different! Cue recipes like this one, the Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe, and Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole recipe. YUM!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls:
You’ll need a slow cooker! This one’s my favorite since it’s programmable. 🙂 Add your chicken breast, jerk seasoning (recipe listed below, or you can always buy this pre-made seasoning), and cook! Then simply roast your vegetables and put it all in these meal prep containers. DONE! On-the-go lunches and quick dinners are made and ready to eat. Meal prep is LIFE, y’all!
I also think that these Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls would be excellent paired with bone broth!
Bone broth is loaded with protein and nutrition, so I’ve been adding it to meals once a day. This is the type of bone broth I use (it’s also Paleo friendly!) and love! If you’re interested in trying it out, be sure to enter our giveaway for a 6-pack of Kettle & Fire Bone Broth!
>> ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE <<
Also, be sure to check out our other Meal Prep friendly recipes: Easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole, Baked Chicken With Turmeric Sauce, Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls, BBQ Chicken Power Bowls, and Vegan Meal Prep Black Bean Quinoa Bowls!
Here’s how to make these Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls:
Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Combine the spices together in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and place in the slow cooker.
- Top each chicken breast half with the mixed spices and cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 4 hours), ensuring the chicken is fully cooked.
- When the chicken has about 45 minutes left to cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the plantain and place on a baking sheet, topping with 1 Tbsp of water and 2 Tbsp of coconut oil.
- Roast the plantain for 30 minutes (or until soft).
- While the plantain is roasting, create the mango salsa by cutting the mango and tomato into small cubes and mixing with the chia seeds.
- When the plantain has about 10 minutes left, add the broccoli to the baking sheet and continue roasting.
- Combine the jerk chicken, plantain slices, and broccoli into each meal prep bowl.
- Top each bowl with the mango salsa and enjoy!