Y’all. Easy recipes are LIFE! And today I’m sharing one of my absolute new faves with you guys: Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet!
We’ve been focused on prepping meals in advance here on Jar Of Lemons over the past few weeks (see Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls and Vegan Meal Prep Black Bean Quinoa Bowls), and this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet is no exception to the meal prep game. It’s a great way to save time during the week, make healthier decisions, and have meals ready for on-the-go work lunches and busy weeknight dinners!
This recipe is basically a combination of all of my favorite things. It’s another one of those “throw in whatever you want” recipes that you can’t really mess up! Not to mention that it’s HEAVENLY, people. The first time I made it, Cody looked at me and literally said “I like this one”. Which in guy language I, as his wife, interpret as “I like all of your recipes, but this one’s EXCEPTIONAL!”. Yup, pretty sure that’s what he said.
Here are a few things you’ll need for this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe:
- 30 minutes TOTAL (YAAAAAAAS)
- Pre-cooked chicken (see the 30-Minute Roasted Chicken Leftovers Recipes post to learn how to roast a chicken yourself and use the meat in meal-prep recipes like this one!)
- Hiland Dairy Light Sour Cream!
Alright, let’s talk about this delicious sour cream. I love love love that it’s lightened up and ready to go for easy recipes like this one! The creamy taste is incredible and seriously takes this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe to the next level. Actually, if you’re into this healthy meal prep thing, Hiland Dairy has a ton of recipes, tips, and coupons! Make your meal prep dreams come true by heading over to their website and signing up for their email series!
And then head back here to make this delicious recipe! Because trust me when I say that you 100% need this Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet in your life at this very moment right now. It’s comfort food + healthy + everything good in life!
Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- 2 cups shredded chicken, pre-cooked
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup black beans, canned
- 1/3 cup diced peppers
- 1/3 cup Hiland Dairy Light Sour Cream
- 6 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 1 small avocado
- Combine the chicken and enchilada sauce in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir, then add in the black beans and diced peppers. Mix in the sour cream and corn tortilla pieces, continue to stir.
- Once everything is evenly hot, top the casserole with cheese and optional cilantro.
- Scoop the casserole into 4 dishes and serve with avocado slices or store and refrigerate for later in the week! Enjoy!