Spinach Banana Smoothie – Easy Weekday Breakfast!
It really doesn’t get any easier than green smoothies for breakfast! Not only are they super quick to make, but they’re also full of healthy nutrition. I love starting my day off with a breakfast smoothie! They’re also great as an afternoon snack or even as a refreshing warm-weather treat.
I’m obsessed with this Spinach Banana Smoothie recipe because it’s so simple and it tastes like a creamy, delicious frozen treat. It can be made ahead of time and frozen for later, made into a smoothie bowl with the best toppings, or even adjusted to add in other types of fruit and protein powders. You’ll love making this easy 5-minute smoothie recipe for healthy breakfasts throughout the week!
You’ll Also Love: 15 Immune Boosting Smoothies
In This Post
What You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
Spinach – Fresh or frozen spinach both work wonderfully in this recipe. If you have spinach on the verge of going bad, you can always freeze it to save it for smoothies like this one!
Banana – Before making this smoothie, be sure to slice and freeze the bananas. Store-bought frozen banana slices work great, too!
Protein Powder – Any type of unflavored or vanilla protein powder goes great with this recipe! Both whey protein and a vegan, plant-based protein powder are terrific options.
Almond Milk – Vanilla almond milk, coconut milk, regular milk, cashew milk, or any type of nut milk works great!
Vanilla Yogurt – Greek, whole milk, low-fat, or even a plant-based vanilla yogurt help add flavor to this smoothie and help to thicken it.
Ice – Since the only real frozen component is the bananas, it helps to add ice cubes to this smoothie. You can also freeze almond milk in an ice cube tray, too!
RELATED: How to Make a Fruit Smoothie
How to Make a Spinach Banana Smoothie (5 Minute Recipe)
Here’s how to make an easy Spinach Banana Smoothie in 5 minutes or less!
- Blend spinach, milk, and yogurt.
- Add in protein powder and blend until smooth.
- Add in frozen banana slices and ice to the blender, then blend and enjoy!
Tip: Top this smoothie with peanut butter, chia seeds, ground flax, hemp hearts, or granola to take it to the next level!
Other Banana & Spinach Smoothie Flavor Ideas
Want to mix it up? Here are a few other smoothie flavor ideas that involve bananas and spinach!
- Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie – Add in fresh or frozen strawberries!
- Apple Banana Strawberry Spinach Smoothie – Take it up a notch with peeled, sliced apples.
- Spinach Pineapple Banana Smoothie – Frozen pineapple turns this smoothie into a tropical treat!
- Blueberry Banana Spinach Smoothie – Have frozen blueberries on hand? They blend into this smoothie recipe perfectly and taste amazing!
More Ideas: 15 BEST Smoothie Bowl Recipes
How to Meal Prep/Freeze Smoothies
Don’t have time for smoothies during the week? Make this Spinach Banana Smoothie over the weekend and freeze servings in mason jars with lids. When you’re ready to enjoy, simply pop your smoothie into the microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute, stirring halfway through. Use a spoon to break up the icy pieces, heating it up a bit more if necessary to thaw. That’s it!
More Healthy Smoothies You’ll Love
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- The Ultimate Green Avocado Smoothie
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Green Apple Detox Smoothie
- The BEST Tropical Smoothie Recipe
- Peach Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Spinach Banana Smoothie
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup almond milk (or any type of milk)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 medium frozen bananas, sliced (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1-2 cup ice cubes
- Blend the spinach, milk, and yogurt together until smooth.
- Add in the protein powder and blend.
- Add in the frozen bananas and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth, serve, and enjoy!