Granola is a staple in our house. We have it at least once a day on yogurt for breakfast, or as a snack on its own. It’s one of my favorite things and I am completely obsessed!
This Pumpkin Flax Granola is a variation of my Healthy Homemade Granola recipe, but with a cozy, fall-flavored twist. Not only will it taste amazing, but it’ll make your home smell like autumn goodness! Make this effortless recipe in 30 minutes and store it for weeks in your pantry. This pumpkin granola is a recipe that everyone will love!
In This Post
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find. Here are a few notes about what you’ll need to get started:
Rolled Oats – Rolled oats, also known as old-fashioned oats, are the best types of oats to use in granola recipes.
Pumpkin Seeds – Shelled pumpkin seeds are also one of the base dry ingredients in this recipe. They’re loaded with nutrition and flavor, but also add a nice texture!
Flax Seeds – Whole flax seeds also add a ton of nutrition to this recipe!
Walnuts – Chopped walnuts are great for adding texture and flavor to this granola. You can also feel free to use almonds or pecans instead!
Honey + Maple Syrup – A combination of honey (or agave) and maple syrup sweeten this granola as well as bind it together.
Coconut Oil – Slightly melted coconut oil is the base liquid in this recipe.
Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice – Cinnamon adds a touch of spice to this granola. You can also use pumpkin spice to really emphasize the fall flavors!
How to Make Pumpkin Flax Granola
It only takes about 30 minutes total to make granola! Here’s how to easily make your own Pumpkin Flax Granola recipe:
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Coat evenly in coconut oil.
- Add in liquid ingredients.
- Mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes.
That’s it! Making a big batch of this granola recipe is incredibly easy and great for keeping on hand for weeks to come.
Chewy vs. Crunchy Granola
The ultimate debate – is chewy granola better? Or crunchy granola? Let me know what you think in the comments below!
This Pumpkin Flax Granola recipes is a happy medium between the two. However, you can easily make this recipe a little more “chewy” by adding an extra 2 Tablespoons of honey and baking for 5 minutes less than the listed time.
Make it more “crunchy” by baking for an extra 3-5 minutes and let it cool completely before storing!
Easily Make it Vegan
There is only ingredient in this recipe that isn’t vegan, and that is honey. Easily make this granola vegan by substituting the honey with agave syrup!
Other Variation Ideas
It’s easy to make this recipe your own. The rule for Here are some ideas for variations:
- Real Pumpkin – Add 2-3 Tablespoons of pumpkin puree in this recipe to really take it up a notch!
- Sliced Almonds – Feel free to substitute sliced almonds for chopped walnuts.
- Pecans – Keep the fall vibes going with pecan pieces instead of walnuts.
- Chia Seeds – You can substitute half of the flax seed amount for chia seeds.
- More Spice – Increase the amount of cinnamon or pumpkin spice to your own taste!
How to Store Granola
The best way to store granola is to let it cool completely, then place it in an airtight container. Store it in the pantry (or at room temperature) for best results!
How Long Does Granola Last?
Granola can last for up to 2 weeks at room temperature, or 4-5 weeks in the refrigerator.
What To Do with Granola
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy granola! Here are a few ideas:
- Add it to yogurt.
- Pair it with fruit.
- Top off nut butter toast.
- Add it to Chia Seed Pudding.
- Topping for smoothies and smoothie bowls!
This Pumpkin Flax Granola Recipes is the BEST!
I love keeping this Pumpkin Flax Seed Granola on hand for busy weekday mornings. Top your yogurt off with it along with a cup of collagen coffee, and you’re set for a great start to your day! With all the cozy fall vibes and wholesome flavor of the recipe, I know that you and your family will love it, too!
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Granola & Yogurt Bowls (4 Ways)
- Coconut Vanilla Breakfast Granola Cups
- Matcha Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Blackberry & Coconut Buckwheat Porridge
- Maple Apple Spice Gluten Free Granola
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Pumpkin Flax Granola Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the melted coconut oil and coat the dry ingredients evenly.
- Add in the remaining liquid ingredients.
- Mix until evenly coated.
- Lay the granola flat on a baking pan lined with parchement paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the granola every 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy or store for later!
- Easily make this recipe a little more “chewy” by adding an extra 2 Tablespoons of honey and baking for 5 minutes less than the listed time or make it more “crunchy” by baking for an extra 3-5 minutes and let it cool completely before storing!
- Make this recipe vegan by substituting the honey with agave syrup.
- Store this granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature or 4-5 weeks in the refrigerator.