Cherry season is here, friends! And if you’re anything like me, you might be sitting on an abundance of fresh cherries.
I might have gotten a little over ambitious at the grocery store and thought that I was going to eat SO many cherries this week, but there they are, still in the fridge. Don’t get me wrong, I love having them on their own! They’re loaded with nutrients and are the perfect evening snack. But I might have bought just a few too many! Anyone else?
Solution: put them in a sweet treat like these Chocolate Cherry Crumble Dessert Bars! Pair them with an Iced Green Tea Matcha Latte and you’re good to go!
How to make Chocolate Cherry Crumble Dessert Bars
Feel free to use fresh, pitted cherries (I recommend this easy-to-use cherry pitter!) or frozen cherries. Cut them into halves and they’re ready for these dessert bars!
You can also use any type of fruit that you have on hand for these bars. Apples, berries, peaches, bananas – they’re all delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need for these Chocolate Cherry Crumble Dessert Bars:
- Rolled oats
- Almond flour
- Brown sugar
- Butter or coconut oil
- Sliced almonds (or cashews)
- Dark chocolate chips
To make these bars, simply layer the oats, flour, brown sugar, butter (or oil), cherries, almond or cashew slices, and chocolate chips. Bake in a 9-inch square cake pan for about 30 minutes, cut into bars, and enjoy!
More lightened-up desserts that you’ll love:
- The BEST Pecan Pie Bars (Dairy-Free)
- Southern Sweet Tea Lemon Cake
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookie Recipe
Chocolate Cherry Crumble Dessert Bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (cold)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the rolled oats, almond flour, brown sugar, and butter in a medium sized bowl.
- Set aside 1 cup of the mixture to add to the bars later.
- Add in the egg to the remaining mixture and press into the bottom of a lightly-oiled square cake pan.
- Top the "crust" with half of the cherries, half of the almond slices, and half of the chocolate chips.
- Add the rolled oat mixture that was previously set aside.
- Add the remaining cherries, almond slices, and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into bars and enjoy!
Leave a Reply