Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
There are few things better than baking something delicious on a chilly fall weekend and making the house smell like cozy, brown sugar cinnamon apple goodness. If you’re craving fall vibes, then these Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies are a must!
They’re made in one bowl, in under 30 minutes, and have easy substitutions for a vegan or dairy-free recipe. I love making these healthier cookies with my kids, and they love eating them!
RELATED: Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
The ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are simple and easy to find! Here’s what you need for this recipe:
Flour – I used a mix of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour in this recipe. However, these can be made gluten-free with a cup-for-cup gluten-free flour, instead!
TIP: If you choose to make these with only whole wheat flour, add 1-2 Tablespoons of maple syrup for the right texture!
Rolled Oats – The best oatmeal cookies are made with old-fashioned rolled oats! Perfect for adding texture and flavor.
Cinnamon – Apple and cinnamon are truly a match made in heaven! I love the cinnamon flavors in this recipe. Feel free to adjust to taste!
Baking Soda/Salt/Vanilla – Oatmeal cookie essentials!
Grass-Fed Butter – To me, there’s nothing like the taste of real butter in desserts, and I’m a big fan of using grass-fed butter in healthy treats. However, coconut oil and vegan butter are both great substitutions!
Brown Sugar – I used brown sugar as a sweetener since it adds so much flavor, but granulated sugar or coconut sugar works great, too.
Apple – Any type of apple works great in this recipe! Granny smith apples, honey crisp, gala, and red delicious are all great options. Just be sure to cut the apple into tiny, tiny cubes for these cookies.
Lemon Juice – This helps to bring out the bright apple flavors!
You’ll also love: The BEST Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookie Recipe
These cookies come with a white chocolate drizzle topping idea, but here are a few other ways to top or change up these cookies:
- Caramel Sauce Drizzle
- Extra Spices
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Sprinkle of Extra Brown Sugar
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Tip: Looking to make these with apple pie filling and pie crusts? Try these yummy Mini Apple Pies!
How to Make Apple Pie Cookies
Here’s how to make the BEST Apple Pie Cookies in 5 easy steps:
- Whisk butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the two types of flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Cut the apple into small cubes and mix with lemon juice. Let soak for 2-3 minutes.
- Lightly fold the apple into the cookie dough and spoon or scoop each cookie onto a baking sheet.
- Bake and enjoy!
Optional: Melt white chocolate chips and coconut oil together, then drizzle it over each cookie. Another option is to mix in the white chocolate chips!
How to Store
Let these Apple Pie Cookies cool completely before storing them. Place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 3-5 days! They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To enjoy, pop them in the microwave for a few seconds, just until warm.
More Fall Desserts You’ll Love
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe
- Maple Gluten-Free Donuts
- Honey Pear Ginger Cheesecake
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Sign up for my email list to get my FREE 7 Meal-Planning Secrets To Making Wholesome Dinners (In 30 Minutes Or Less) course!
Apple Pie Cookies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (lightly melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 small apple)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
White Chocolate Topping (Optional)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, syrup, egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add in both types of flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until well combined.
- Cut the peeled apple into small cubes, about 1/8” to 1/4” in size.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the apple and evenly coat. Let soak for about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the apple pieces and fold them into the cookie dough, then spoon each cookie onto a baking sheet.
- Bake each batch for 12-14 minutes.
- While the cookies cool, melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil together.
- Mix until smooth, then drizzle over each cookie and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 12 larger cookies or 16 smaller cookies.
- Nutrition includes the white chocolate topping.