When you’re a breakfast fanatic like I am, creative and fun breakfasts like these are such a win. Especially when they can double as a snack! These breakfast tart shells can be made in advance and placed in containers (my most fave EVER containers!), and then filled with yogurt, fresh fruit, and nuts right before you head out the door!
The shells are made with healthy and wholesome ingredients including rolled oats, chia seeds and flaxseeds so they keep you full and satisfied whilst being so healthy and good for you!
You can fill these cups with whatever you like. I make a base of Greek yogurt which you can sweeten with honey then top with fruit and nuts. Here are some ideas:
Breakfast Cups Filling Ideas
- Berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios
- Chocolate chips
A Healthy Snack To Keep You Energized
While these are amazing as a delicious and wholesome breakfast, I have actually been devouring these as my afternoon snack lately. It seems that every day from about 2 – 4pm, a wave of sleepiness hits me and the ONLY thing I want to consume is sugar in any way, shape, or form to keep myself awake.
Instead of ignoring that feeling and then becoming cookie monster when I get home later, or having a sugar overload party right then and there to keep myself awake, these little Fruit & Nut Breakfast Tarts have just the right amount of whole grains, protein, and natural sugar to energize me and keep me going until the evening!
If you’re interest in learning more about how to fuel yourself with healthy snacks, be sure to head over to Nuts.com for lots of snack ideas and tips! A good snack is 100% key to staying on track when it comes to eating healthy. Nobody needs to become cookie monster. Nobody.
And on that note, fueling yourself in morning is just as essential! Am I a health nerd because I’m overly excited that this recipe happens to be totally balanced and provides a too-good-to-be-true amount of grains, calcium, protein, fiber, healthy fats, and vitamins?
Yes, yes I am. I’m ok with that, as long as you can get overly excited about how amazing these little Fruit & Nut Breakfast Cups taste! Sweet, tart, and crunchy (but in a soft way? trust me). You MUST try them!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Try:
- Cranberry Oat Bars
- Fall-Tastic Healthy Granola
- Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Fruit & Nut Breakfast Tarts
- 5 dates
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
- Remove the seeds from the dates and allow them to soak in water for about 10 - 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small blender, blend the dates with the honey and coconut oil until a paste is formed.
- Add in the rolled oats and seeds. Blend until the mixture has formed a dough texture.
- Lightly grease a muffin pan with coconut oil and press the dough into the pan, shaping it into small tart shells. This recipe should make about 6 shells.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the shells are lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Top each breakfast tart shell with yogurt, fruit, and nuts! Enjoy!