I love a good Honey Mustard Dressing. Here in the south, the concept of honey mustard is not only a dressing but a dipping sauce for your chicken, a drizzle for over vegetables, smothered over a baked ham like a glaze, and well, added to anything that just needs a little sweet.
Although extremely tasty, regular honey mustard dressing can be loaded with additional sugars, extra binding agents, and even high fructose corn syrup. All this makes it last longer in the fridge, but really not necessary for a delicious dressing. This Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing on the other hand is not only simple to make without additional fillers, but it can also easily be made vegan! Now that is a dressing to use on everything.
In This Post
My toddler has recently been into “sauces”, or what he calls ketchup or salsa. He loves to dip all of his foods in “ketchup”! I wanted to find a healthier version of dipping sauce for him that didn’t include additional unnecessary ingredients for a growing toddler. Sadly, so many sauces sneak all sorts of binding agents in their ingredients to make them last longer but with how much he eats “ketchup”, I knew I wanted to make something that was healthier, still delicious, and still versatile.
After making this Honey Mustard Dressing Recipe, I realized that I loved using this for myself as well! I added it to some sandwiches, chicken, and of course, salads. I have to admit that I think it’s wayyyyyy better than the store-bought kind! This recipe is too easy and delicious not to make. Keep it on hand for a fun and yummy dressing that the whole family will love!
You’ll whip this dressing up so quickly and easily! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Honey – The main ingredient in this dressing, pure honey will work well. If you can grab local honey, even better.
- Dijon Mustard – Dijon Mustard is different than your regular mustard in that it is made with black/brown mustard seeds and white wine. This intensifies its flavor.
- Lemon – a freshly squeezed lemon is great, although you can get the store-bought ready squeezed kind as well.
- Olive Oil – For this recipe, I recommend a pure Extra Virgin Olive Oil without any additional flavors added in (such as garlic-infused).
- Greek Yogurt – A plain greek yogurt is important and as with the olive oil, no additional flavors.
- Paprika – This spice is made of ground red peppers and helps give your dressing a kick.
To Make Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
To make this recipe vegan, simply substitute agave syrup for the honey, make sure to use vegan dijon mustard, and use tahini instead of greek yogurt!
How to Make Your Own Honey Mustard Dressing
- Add all the ingredients together into a salad shaker or mason jar.
- Shake or whisk the ingredients vigorously until smooth.
- Serve over a cool salad and enjoy!
Tip: This salad shaker is my favorite kind and a great investment for whipping up any salad dressing in no time at all!
Storing Honey Mustard Dressing
Although this recipe is made with real ingredients, Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing can last up to 3 weeks refrigerated in an airtight container!
What Does Honey Mustard Dressing Go On?
Honey Mustard Dressing can go on so many foods! Try it with:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Sweet potato fries
- Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls
- As a ham glaze
- Dip for a veggie appetizer
- Baked chicken wings
The BEST Salad Pairings
If you’re into dressings or “ketchup”, like my toddler refers to it, then this is the sauce (or dressing, or dip, or topping) that you need! So simple, extremely delicious, and it is made for everything. This is a go-to dressing that I’ll be using all summer long. I hope you find new ways to try it out on your meals and enjoy this Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing recipe!
More Healthy Dressings & Vinaigrettes You’ll Love
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Easy Classic Lemon Vinaigrette
- Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- 10-Minute Healthy Ranch Dressing
- Southwest Salad Dressing
Did you make this Honey Mustard Dressing recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Honey Mustard Dressing (Easy & Healthy!)
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave syrup)
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 medium lemon (juiced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (or tahini)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Mix the ingredients together in a mason jar or salad dressing shaker.
- Shake or whisk the dressing together until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy, or store for later!