I am ALL about a good, hearty, non-boring salad. Especially when it’s as unique and delicious as this Roasted Chickpea Fall Salad! The crunchy textures of the kale, nuts, and seeds combined with tandoori-inspired roasted chickpeas and the sweet, juicy flavors of pomegranate arils and dried cranberries is a total TREAT! Top it off with a delicious Apple Cider Vinaigrette and this fall salad is next level.
Whether you’re making this fall salad as a vegan main dish or a holiday side dish, this recipe is loaded with protein, nutrition, yummy autumn flavors, and one that everyone will want more of!
Fall salad ingredients
The great thing about hearty salads like this one is that you can make them your own. Here’s what I used in this Roasted Chickpea Fall Salad, but feel free to make substitutions as needed!
Chopped Kale – Or spinach, or arugula, or any type of green that you want. You can also use this salad chopper and bowl to make your own chopped kale!
Seeds & Nuts – Pepitas, walnuts, pecans, or any of the above! Any seed or nut should work in this recipe and is great for adding texture, healthy fats, and protein.
Pomegranate Arils – I love love love pomegranate during this time of the year. However, I highly recommend purchasing pomegranate arils instead of removing them yourself – huge time saver!
Dried Cranberries – Any type of dried fruit would also work in this recipe.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette – Grab the recipe for my favorite Apple Cider Vinaigrette HERE! It’s so perfect for this fall salad!
How to make the BEST Roasted Chickpea Fall Salad
Making a hearty fall salad is so easy to do! In just 4 easy steps and 20-30 minutes, this salad can be completely put together and on the table with minimal effort. Here’s how to make it:
1. Roast the chickpeas in olive oil with seasoning.
2. Combine the kale, seeds, nuts, pomegranate arils, and dried fruit.
3. Toss in the roasted chickpeas.
4. Drizzle with a vinaigrette and enjoy!
More healthy salad dressing and vinaigrette ideas
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Vegan Turmeric Ginger Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- Easy Classic Lemon Vinaigrette
Storing this salad
One of my favorite things about this salad is that you can actually make a big batch of it and enjoy it for up to 2 days! Store the salad in a sealed salad bowl or airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh.
More fall salad ideas
- Roasted Pumpkin Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Roasted Beets & Sweet Potato Salad
- Golden Beet Pecan Detox Salad
- Pomegranate Pecan Salad w/ Cinnamon Apples
- Turmeric Sweet Potato Pasta Salad
Loving this recipe? Be sure to let us know by giving it a rating below!
Roasted Chickpea Fall Salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and salt together.
- Spread the chickpeas out on a baking sheet and roast for about 20-30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
- Toss the chopped kale, pepitas, walnuts, pomegranate arils, dried cranberries, and vinaigrette together.
- Add in the roasted chickpeas, toss, and enjoy!