Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps that are easy to make and DELICIOUS! Perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
With the summer season and warmer weather, everyone’s looking for fresh, light, and delicious recipes that are easy to make and don’t require a whole lot of time. These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are great for making a big batch and having throughout the week or for having friends and family over!
You’re going to fall in love with this recipe, friend!
The Best Ever Healthy Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Now, I do realize that the “lettuce” pictured in these photos is actually cabbage. That is what I had on hand when I made this recipe, so it’s what I used for these wraps! However, feel free to use romaine, butter, iceberg, or leaf lettuce for these wraps.
I recommend using fresh, organic chicken for this recipe. The best place to purchase organic chicken is through Butcher Box! All of their meats are healthy, free from added antibiotics and hormones, and the best quality. Not to mention that they’re delivered right to your doorstep – such a win! Get $20 off of your first Butcher Box HERE.
Want to learn more about the best free-range organic chicken? Read my honest review of Butcher Box here!
How to make lettuce wrap filling
The Thai Chicken filling for these lettuce wraps is so easy to make! Simply cook organic chicken (ground or cubed) in a skillet or pan, then set aside. Cook the mushrooms and peppers together, then add the chicken back in. Mix the Thai sauce and pour over the skillet, then top with green onions. Place the filling in washed lettuce and enjoy!
More healthy weeknight dinners you’ll love:
- Turmeric Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Slow Cooker Fiesta Ranch Chicken Wraps
- Easy Quinoa Salad With Feta Cheese
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 16 oz. mushrooms
- 8 lettuce leaves
- green onions for garnish, optional
- cashews or peanuts optional
- Heat 1 Tbsp sesame oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- Cube or mince the chicken and red bell pepper (separately).
- Cook the chicken in the skillet, then set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and cook the mushrooms and red bell pepper for about 10-15 minutes (or until soft).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While everything is cooking, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger, crushed red pepper, honey, and garlic to create a sauce.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the sauce.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet and pour the sauce over the entire dish, continuing to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place the Thai chicken filling in each lettuce wrap.
- Pour the additional sauce over each wrap.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and cashews or peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy!