As you already know, we are pretty obsessed with breakfast. Breakfast food is just so much fun! Especially when it’s quick, easy, healthy, and tastes this easy overnight oats recipe!
If you’re short on time and need a healthy breakfast on-the-go, then this recipe is for you. And since it actually tastes like a real oatmeal cookie (our favorite type of cookie, in case you were wondering), this recipe is just an all around win!
Making this overnight oats recipe
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are a mix of rolled oats with almond milk, coconut milk or regular milk and are eaten cold. They’re mixed with spices such as cinnamon, fresh or dried fruit and sometimes even chocolate for something extra indulgent.
To make overnight oats just put everything into a mason jar, give it a mix and let it chill overnight in the fridge. The oats soak up all the flavors and are ready to go in the morning!
P.S: If you’re as obsessed with overnight oats as we are (or really just easy, healthy, and delicious recipes), be sure to check out A Month Of Healthy Eats For The Busy Girl! It’s a great resource for achieving your healthy eating goals in a realistic and delicious way.
Essentials for making Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats:
- Rolled Oats
- Almond Milk
- Greek Yogurt
- Almond Butter
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Crushed Walnuts
- Ground Cinnamon
This Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats recipe also makes for a great post-workout recovery! They have a great blend of protein and healthy carbs that are perfect for a delicious workout recovery.
Make it vegan: To make this recipe vegan, simply replace the greek yogurt with coconut yogurt and you’re good to go!
Tips for the BEST overnight oats
- Leave overnight oats in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours (but overnight is best).
- You can replace the almond milk for any type of milk.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, lessen the amount of almond milk. If you’d like a light consistency then add an extra 1/4 cup of milk or omit the greek yogurt!
- You can always add more almond milk in the morning to adjust the consistency.
- Add fresh or dried fruit and top with your choice of nuts, seeds, and spices!
- Store in mason jars with a lid so they are easy to grab and go.
More healthy overnight oats recipes you’ll love
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Banana Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Easy Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oats
Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats Recipe
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp crushed walnuts
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- Combine all of the ingredients together and mix.
- Place in mason jars, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove from refrigerator and enjoy!