A salad for breakfast? You heard right! When it comes to breakfast salads, having the perfect balance of creamy, savory, and crunchy textures is essential!
Today, we’re sharing our go-to breakfast salad (or lunch, or dinner) that’s quick and easy to make. Loaded with yummy flavors and nutrition, it’s the perfect way to start the day! Here’s what we’re loving about this Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad:
- Sweet grape tomatoes.
- Peppery arugula, kale, or spinach.
- Wholesome cooked quinoa.
- Creamy, fresh avocado slices.
- Topped with a creamy, runny poached egg (SO YUMMY)!
This is a recipe you’ll want to save and keep on repeat for a healthy meal any time of the day!
You’ll also love: Quick & Healthy Weekday Breakfast Recipes
Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad VIDEO TUTORIAL
You’ll only need 6 simple ingredients for this easy breakfast salad recipe:
- Lettuce or greens of choice (we used a mix)
- Grape tomatoes
- Chopped walnuts, sliced almonds, pistachios, or any type of nut/seed
- Quinoa (can be dry or pre-cooked. We love these quinoa packs to save time!)
Feel free to make this breakfast salad your own! Add in any toppings or extras that you want.
How to make a Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
1. Poach the eggs
Poaching the eggs is easier than you might think! In this case, we used these egg poachers to simplify the process. Bring the water to a boil, swirl the water, place the egg poachers in the pot, then pour the eggs into the poachers. Let it cook for a few minutes and done!
2. Cook the quinoa
3. Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, nuts, and avocado
And any other toppings you might want! We didn’t include a salad dressing since the runny poached eggs and creamy avocado add so much flavor to this salad. However, this Easy Lemon Vinaigrette would pair wonderfully!
4. Add salt/pepper
Serve and enjoy!
RELATED: 20+ Easy Healthy Salad Recipes
You’ll love this easy, healthy breakfast salad!
It’s loaded with protein, healthy fats, healthy carbs, and yummy flavors. What’s not to love? This Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad is perfect for adding into your healthy weekday breakfast mix!
More healthy breakfast recipes:
- Easy Avocado Breakfast Toast
- Tofu Scramble Vegan Breakfast Bowl
- Easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Breakfast Tacos
- Skillet Sweet Potato Hash with Kale
Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups lettuce (or greens of choice)
- 7 grape tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Give the water a swirl, then place the egg poachers in the pot.
- Pour the eggs into the poachers and let cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Create the salads by layering the lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cooked quinoa, and walnuts.
- Add the poached eggs and top with salt/pepper to taste.