You guys have probably figured out my slight obsession with sweet breakfast recipes. Healthy French Toast, Pecan Pie Pancakes, Gingerbread French Toast, Buckwheat Pancakes, Healthy S’more Pancakes, Mocha Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes, Almond Flour Waffles….so many faves! But other than this Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad, I’ve never really been one to make savory food for breakfast.
Today I decided to venture out a little and make this Skillet Sweet Potato Hash with Kale. LIFE. CHANGED.
Watch this Skillet Sweet Potato Hash with Kale recipe video:
The food nerd in me is exploding with excitement! Garlicky, savory, hints of sweet, hints of spicy, runny egg, in-your-face flavors. All of that under 30 minutes!
Here’s What You Need To Make Sweet Potato Hash
- Sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Red pepper flakes
So I’m thinking breakfast for lunch, breakfast for dinner, breakfast basically all the time now because of this deliciousness. It’s THAT good, friend! The health nerd in me is also super excited about the nutrients in this recipe.
Why this Sweet Potato Hash is Healthy
Sweet potato has so much vitamin A and C it’s also a great source of fiber and potassium making it a super healthy addition to any meal! The eggs also contain lots of protein and healthy carbs for energy!
Top Tips for Making Sweet Potato Hash
- Make sure to cut the sweet potato into even cubes so they cook at the same time
- You could also use spinach instead of kale
- You can add extra spices to taste such as cumin, paprika, oregano etc
- Use the leftover potatoes and kale to make soup or add to salads
More Savory Breakfast Recipes You Might Like:
- Tofu Scramble Vegan Breakfast Bowl
- Tomato & Lentil Breakfast Bruschetta
- The BEST healthy Breakfast Tacos
Skillet Sweet Potato Kale Hash
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 1/2 cups cubed and peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups kale (finely chopped)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 medium avocado
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute the onion for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add in the sweet potato and spices and cook for about 15 minutes, covered but stirring every 5 or so minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Add in the kale and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Make 4 wells in the hash and add the eggs. Cover and cook to your liking.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve with toast and avocado. Enjoy!