The BEST Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
Quinoa for breakfast? Absolutely! Especially when it’s this fall-inspired Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. It’s so easy to make and makes your house smell amazing! Think a cozy bowl of fall spice oatmeal, but with quinoa and chia seeds instead. This recipe is full of nutrition and fall feels!
You’ll Also Love: Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Quinoa – Any type or color of quinoa works great!
Chia Seeds – Chia seeds add nutrition as well as help to thicken the quinoa.
Coconut Milk – Regular or light coconut milk are both wonderful options in this recipe. You can also substitute this with any type of milk!
Cinnamon – The cinnamon takes the fall flavors to another level!
Maple Syrup – Maple syrup sweetens this recipe to perfection and adds that warm, fall taste. Brown sugar is another delicious option!
Toppings – Top these bowls off with sliced pears, sliced apples, pumpkin seeds, and slivered or sliced almonds.
How to Make a Fall Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
Making quinoa bowls for breakfast is actually super simple! Here’s how to put this Fall Breakfast Quinoa Bowl recipe together:
- Cook the quinoa and chia seeds in a small saucepan with water and a dash of salt over medium heat.
- Once the quinoa is fluffy, add in the coconut milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Scoop into bowls and top with pumpkin seeds, almonds, apple slices, and pear slices!
Tips for Cooking Quinoa
Quinoa can be made on the stovetop or in the microwave. This recipe uses stovetop directions, but the quinoa can also be placed in a microwave-safe container with water (and a loose lid) and microwaved for about 7 minutes, or until it soaks up the water and is light and fluffy.
RELATED: How to Cook Quinoa Perfectly Every Time
- Almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, or any type of nuts.
- Chia or hemp seeds.
- Berries, apples, pears, or bananas.
- Coconut flakes.
- A scoop of almond, peanut, or cashew butter.
- Raisins, goji berries, or other dried fruit.
- Pomegranate seeds.
- Chocolate chips.
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Pancakes Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats Recipe
- Easy Fluffy Pecan Pancakes
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Fall Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2/3 cups coconut milk (or any type of milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 medium sliced pear
- 1 medium sliced apple
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine the quinoa, water, salt, and chia seeds in a small saucepan.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for about 10 -12 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup, then stir for 2-3 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve in bowls and top with pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, sliced pear, and apple slices.
Leave a Reply