Do you have a good relationship with quinoa? I mean are you tired of it or are you still finding new ways to fit this healthy grain into your diet?
I, Karen, can’t get enough of it. It’s the perfect healthy blank slate for so many sweet and savory flavor combinations, how could I ever be “over it”? How could you discard a grain that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner? I mean that’s the ultimate in versatility.
Looking for an easy approach to preparing quinoa? Check out our post How To Cook Quinoa Perfectly Every Time.
Please give this Fall Breakfast Quinoa Bowl a try. It’s super easy to throw together because I cook the quinoa in the microwave. Yes, you read that right. It’s so easy I don’t know why I haven’t done this before. Seven minutes and you have a super healthy, protein filled grain that you can fill with seasonal goodness. This one is naturally sweetened with maple syrup, but use honey or agave if you prefer.
This Fall Breakfast Quinoa Bowl is the ultimate quick healthy breakfast. It’s sweet, crunchy, creamy and oh so delicious.
You can top breakfast quinoa with an endless list of healthy toppings…
- Almonds, peanuts, cashews or pistachios
- Chia or hemp seeds
- Berries, apples, pears, bananas,
- Coconut flakes
- A scoop of almond, peanut or cashew butter
- Raisins, goji berries or other dried fruit
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chocolate chips
Come on, let’s mix up that boring bowl of porridge you’ve been eating for weeks. It’s time to up your breakfast game with this Fall Breakfast Quinoa Bowl!
Fall Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Combine the quinoa, water, salt, and chia seeds in a small saucepan.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for about 10 -12 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup, then stir for 2-3 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve in bowls and top with pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, sliced pear, and apple slices.