This Gluten-Free & Vegan Butterfinger Cheesecake is Melt-In-Your-Mouth Goodness!
Friends, hear me when I say this: I am OBSESSED with this Vegan Butterfinger Cheesecake. It is SO.GOOD. Here’s what I’m loving about it:
- It’s easy to make (no, really)!
- You would never guess that this recipe is vegan and gluten-free. Full of indulgent flavor, this cheesecake is a total treat!
- It’s a no-bake recipe, making things even easier.
- It’s easy to store and perfect for any event!
Whether you’re making this for a gathering or just as a delicious dessert at home, this no-bake cheesecake is a crowd-pleaser and I know you’ll love it, too!
RELATED: 25+ Healthy Baking Recipes
Homemade Vegan Butterfinger – Corn flake cereal, maple syrup, molasses, creamy peanut butter, and chocolate chips make for a crumbly vegan butterfinger topping that tastes just like regular butterfinger!
Gluten-Free Crust – All you need for this simple gluten-free cheesecake crust are 2 things: cookies or graham crackers, and vegan butter!
Vegan Cheesecake Filling – Vegan cream cheese, peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and vegan whipped topping make the easy, no-bake vegan cheesecake filling in this recipe.
I used a food processor, electric mixer, and 9-inch pie pan to make this recipe. However, many of the “crushed” ingredients can be easily crushed by hand. The cheesecake can also be made in a pie pan or springform pan. I would recommend using an electric mixer, however, as it helps make the filling texture smooth!
How to Make Vegan Butterfinger Cheesecake
Making Butterfinger Cheesecake comes down to 3 simple steps: making the homemade vegan butterfinger, baking the crust, and mixing the vegan cheesecake filling. Here’s a quick rundown for how to make this cheesecake recipe:
- Mix the ingredients together for the vegan butterfinger.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Chop the butterfinger into small pieces or crumbles.
- Mix the cookie or graham cracker crust together and bake.
- Mix the vegan cheesecake filling together until smooth, then add in crumbled butterfinger.
- Pour into the pie crust, then top with more butterfinger.
- Let is set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, serve and enjoy!
Note: The texture will seem more like a cream pie before refrigeration, but should set and become a “cheesecake” texture during the refrigeration time.
Tips for Making Vegan Cheesecake with Vegan Cream Cheese
- Let the vegan cream cheese come to room temperature before mixing for best results. If you don’t have time, simply let it sit at room temperature for as long as possible!
- Use a pre-made graham cracker crust to save time.
- Or use these gluten-free cookies (crushed into crumbs in a food processor) for extra flavor!
Want to mix it up? Transform this recipe into butterfinger cheesecake bites or a peanut butter butterfinger cheesecake. Here’s how!
Butterfinger Cheesecake Bites
To make butterfinger cheesecake bites, simply prepare the graham cracker crust in a 9 inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper (instead of a 9-inch pie pan). Once the cheesecake filling and topping is set, slice into bite-sized squares!
Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cheesecake
This cheesecake recipe already includes peanut butter in the filling. However, you can bring out more of the peanut butter taste by adding more creamy peanut butter to the recipe! To do this, remove 1/4 cup vegan whipped topping and add 1/4 cup extra peanut butter to the filling instead.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- Honey Pear Ginger Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- 5-Minute Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfait
- Strawberry Cheesecake No-Bake Energy Bites
More Vegan Desserts You’ll Love
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
The BEST Vegan Butterfinger Cheesecake
Homemade Vegan Butterfinger
- 1 1/2 cups corn flake cereal (crushed)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces vegan chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- 9 ounces gluten-free graham crackers or cookies (crushed into crumbs)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1 8 ounce package vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 8 ounce container vegan whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 cups Homemade Vegan Butterfinger (chopped)
Make The Butterfinger
- Crush the corn flake cereal with your hands or pulse a couple of times in a food processor. The crushed cereal should be in pieces, not powdered.
- Add the maple syrup and molasses to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Boil the mixture for 2 minutes, then turn the heat off and add the peanut butter.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add the flake cereal and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press the butterfinger mixture down pretty firmly until it’s packed.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice into smaller pieces, then add to a food processor and lightly pulse or crush by hand and set aside in a small bowl.
- Chop the vegan chocolate chips or chocolate bar into smaller pieces, then mix into the small bowl of crushed butterfinger.
Bake The Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, grind the cookies or graham crackers into a crumb texture.
- Combine the cookie or graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter in a bowl.
- Press the crust mixture into a 9-inch pie pan and bake for 8-10 minutes (or until the edges begin to brown).
- Let cool.
Mix The Cheesecake Filling
- Using an electric mixer, beat the vegan cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the crushed butterfinger mixture.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the cheesecake filling into the crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed butterfinger mixture on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!