There’s nothing like warm, delicious, homemade cinnamon rolls warm and straight out of the oven on a cozy weekend morning! As the weather cools down and we head into fall, this vegan cinnamon rolls recipe is a hands-down favorite that is no-fuss easy-to-make, quick, healthier, and adjustable. You and your family will love this sweet breakfast treat!
RELATED: EASY Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
How To Make Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Here’s the quickest and easiest way to make vegan cinnamon rolls:
- Heat up some of the almond milk and combine with instant yeast, let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar to the mixture.
- Combine the flour and salt.
- Combine the yeast mixture with the flour mixture.
- Add almond milk and vegan butter, mix.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes.
- Roll into a ball, cover, and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Make the filling.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle, then spoon the filling over the entire dough.
- Roll the dough into a log.
- Use unflavored floss to cut slice the log into 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a 9×13 casserole dish or 9×9 baking pan.
- Allow to rise for another 20 minutes (optional).
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Top with glaze and enjoy!
About the flour
We used a mixture of whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. If you’re looking for a healthier version of this recipe, feel free to substitute 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour!
Kneading the dough
Hand knead the dough for about 10 minutes (or less in a mixer), or until the elasticity can stretch fairly well. You should be able to stretch it windowpane thin without tearing it!
More favorite vegan brunch recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
- The BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread
- EASY Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls (Quick & Easy Recipe)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F, then immediately turn off.
- Heat 1/4 cup of almond milk for about 10-15 seconds, mix in the yeast, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix in 1 tsp of the sugar and let rest another 3-5 minutes.
- Mix the flours and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly fold the yeast mixture into the flour.
- Add the remaining almond milk, sugar, and melted butter, then mix.
- Hand knead the dough for about 10 minutes (or less in a mixer), or until the elasticity is stretchy.
- Roll the dough into a ball, place in a mixing bowl, and cover.
- Place the dough in the warm (but not hot) oven and let rise for about 30 minutes.
- Soften or melt the vegan butter and mix with the sugar and cinnamon.
Making The Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll the dough into a flat rectangle shape on a floured surface.
- Spoon the filling evenly onto the dough.
- Roll the dough tightly into a log.
- Using a knife or unflavored floss, slice the dough evenly into 12 cinnamon rolls.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in an 9x9 baking pan or 9x13 casserole dish.
- Spread the remaining filling over the tops of the cinnamon rolls.
- Place in the warm oven and let rise for another 20 minutes.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar and the almond milk together until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cinnamon rolls, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply