The weekend is upon us, friends! We made it. Let’s celebrate with these creamy, delicious Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Bars!
First of all, those of you who are my friends on Snapchat (👻:jaroflemons) already know what happened with this cheesecake adventure. The reality of food blogging, y’all! As it turns out, I had the biggest cheesecake fail of my life. Like, EVER. I’m not sure why I thought it was a good idea to whisk egg whites into a shaving cream texture for a cheesecake recipe, but I ended up with a weird liquid-y cross between a soufflé and a cheesecake. And it was also burnt on top and overflowing from the pan. So, YEAH, that was pretty embarrassing!
As a result, I simply HAD to share it with the Snapchat world. It was too hilarious not to share! Thankfully, this cheesecake recipe came out MUCH better. As in, I couldn’t stop “tasting” it after it came out of the oven good.
This recipe is a variation of the Honey Ginger Pear Cheesecake (YUM, guys)! The crust is exactly the same, but doubled. The filling is a little different because I was going for more a “bar” than a cake, but either filling recipe would work. 😉 The topping is actually just my Chia Seed Jam recipe with extra strawberries on top. Because everything should have extra strawberries on top, am I right??
These Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are EPIC, friends!
Here are a few other fave items I used in this recipe:
These Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are perfect for those evening dessert cravings, or for gatherings with friends or family! In this case, these delicious bars were donated to a local high school majorettes team for a fundraiser. But not before Cody and I “tasted” a few, of course!
Here’s the recipe:
Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- 3 cups organic bran cereal
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 14 dates
- 16 oz nonfat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp organic strawberry extract
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- Chia Seed Jam recipe using strawberries
- fresh strawberries
- Create the crust in a food processor and mash down into the bottom of the oiled (I used coconut) cake pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ingredients of the filling together and pour over the crust in the cake pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes (or until the top is light brown and a knife inserted comes out mostly clean).
- While the cheesecake is baking, create the optional Chia Seed Jam recipe using fresh or frozen strawberries. Place in a jar and refrigerate.
- Let cool slowly. Once cooled, refrigerate for 2 or more hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, slice into bars and top each bar with the optional jam and/or fresh strawberries. Enjoy!