First of all, those of you who are my friends on Snapchat (👻:jaroflemons) already know what happened with this cheesecake adventure. The reality of food blogging, y’all! As it turns out, I had the biggest cheesecake fail of my life. Like, EVER. I’m not sure why I thought it was a good idea to whisk egg whites into a shaving cream texture for a cheesecake recipe, but I ended up with a weird liquid-y cross between a soufflé and a cheesecake. And it was also burnt on top and overflowing from the pan. So, YEAH, that was pretty embarrassing!
As a result, I simply HAD to share it with the Snapchat world. It was too hilarious not to share! Thankfully, this cheesecake recipe came out MUCH better. As in, I couldn’t stop “tasting” it after it came out of the oven good.
This recipe is a variation of the Honey Ginger Pear Cheesecake (YUM, guys)! The crust is exactly the same, but doubled. The filling is a little different because I was going for more a “bar” than a cake, but either filling recipe would work. 😉 The topping is actually just my Chia Seed Jam recipe with extra strawberries on top. Because everything should have extra strawberries on top, am I right??
These Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are EPIC, friends!
Here are a few other fave items I used in this recipe:
These Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are perfect for those evening dessert cravings, or for gatherings with friends or family! In this case, these delicious bars were donated to a local high school majorettes team for a fundraiser. But not before Cody and I “tasted” a few, of course!
Here’s the recipe:
Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- 3 cups organic bran cereal
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 14 dates
- 16 oz nonfat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp organic strawberry extract
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- Chia Seed Jam recipe (using strawberries)
- fresh strawberries
- Create the crust in a food processor and mash down into the bottom of the oiled (I used coconut) cake pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the ingredients of the filling together and pour over the crust in the cake pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes (or until the top is light brown and a knife inserted comes out mostly clean).
- While the cheesecake is baking, create the optional Chia Seed Jam recipe using fresh or frozen strawberries. Place in a jar and refrigerate.
- Let cool slowly. Once cooled, refrigerate for 2 or more hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, slice into bars and top each bar with the optional jam and/or fresh strawberries. Enjoy!