If you’ve spent any length of time here on Jar Of Lemons, you know that I’m just a little bit obsessed with healthy taco recipes. Today we’re kicking off the week with an easy, healthy, and EPIC weeknight dinner: 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos!
Here’s a list of some fave healthy taco recipes we have here on JOL so far:
- Healthy Sriracha Shredded Chicken Tacos
- The BEST Healthy Breakfast Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos
- Spicy Salmon Tacos w/ Avocado Lime Dressing
- Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos
Yeahhhhhh….just a few, right? GUYS. And that’s actually only about half of them. Tacos are our favorite go-to recipe in the McMichael household and just basically the BEST idea ever! Needless to say, we love ’em.
There’s just something that feels so right about being able to throw a healthy taco dinner together in 30 minutes or less. So easy, so good, and just a couple of dishes to wash. Wins all around!
Especially after a weekend like this past weekend, where we were out of town (yes, AGAIN) the entire time. Nothing like coming home to an empty fridge and disastrous house! Normally I’d be inclined to just go grab some food somewhere or pull out a frozen pizza (which we almost always have in our freezer – see Spinach & Mushroom Naan Pizza post), but this time tacos were calling our names.
Specifically, these 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos!
Thankfully, even with an empty fridge, it does seem that we always carry an endless supply of corn tortillas, frozen salmon, and canned corn. Seriously, go ahead and check my fridge and pantry right now. Those items are there. Told ya! Always. 🙂
And that’s basically all you need for this recipe! Add lettuce (or in this case cabbage) of choice, garnish with cilantro, and DONE. 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos FTW! That’s it, friend. So easy.
As always, let me know if you make these delicious tacos by tagging #JarOfLemons. I love seeing your healthy recipe creations! And if you’re looking for more easy, healthy, and quick recipes, be sure to check out A Month Of Healthy Eats For The Busy Girl! It’s a great resource for achieving your healthy living goals and does the thinking for you. Easy recipes, grocery lists, meal plans, and even workouts! Be sure to check it out!
30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos
- 2 salmon filets, thawed
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup corn, canned
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the garlic, oregano, cayenne, paprika, pepper, and salt together.
- Place the salmon filets on an oiled baking sheet. Brush the seasoning mix over the filets and bake for about 30 minutes (or until fully cooked and flaky).
- While the salmon is cooking, heat up the tortillas on a pan or in the microwave (to desired amount). Top each tortilla with shredded red cabbage, corn, and cilantro.
- Add sliced salmon to each taco, serve and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!