Guys, two days ago Cody and I became official home owners! We closed on our 1925 bungalow home (photos coming soon) and could not be more excited. As many of you know, the home hunting process can be a crazy one (which I talked about in the Healthy Chicken Fajita Tacos and Healthy Sriracha Shredded Chicken Tacos posts), but thankfully ours was pretty smooth overall. We’re so happy to be on this side of things!
And now the work begins. 🙂 If you follow along over on my personal Instagram, you might have seen my virtual tour of the home and the remodeling/decor plans we have for it. As soon as we got the keys to the house, we went straight to the paint store, but 3 samples of white paint, and tested it on our walls. Who knew that having to decide between 3 ever-so-slightly different shades of white could be so difficult! Cool white? Creamy white? Pure white? Can’t decide.
Side note: Cody really wants to name our house Edna because he feels the need to name everything, LOL (that one time he named his sourdough bread starter Henrietta….yeah…). Thoughts? What should we name it?
Needless to say, we will now be spending every evening and most weekends working on the house. We move in July, so we have a little over a month to get as much done as possible! With that comes this reality: we’re already busy people, but things are about to get SUPER busy. Thank goodness for easy go-to dinner recipes like this Baked Chicken with Turmeric Sauce!
Here’s how to make this Baked Chicken with Turmeric Sauce:
You’ll need chicken, seasoning of choice (I love this one), turmeric powder, kale, quinoa, and potatoes. It’s almost a one-pan recipe because you’ll actually bake the chicken, roast the potatoes, and roast the kale on the same sheet pan. However, while everything is baking/roasting, the quinoa will be cooked separately. The turmeric sauce will also be made separately (don’t worry, it’s SO easy to make)!
Also, pre-cooked quinoa is a life saver for busy times like these! Definitely recommend it. 😉
Love turmeric? Try these other recipes!
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Turmeric Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Golden Glow Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
- Lentil Turmeric Detox Soup
- Turmeric Tahini & Roasted Beets Power Bowls
- Vegan Turmeric Ginger Dressing
Personally (as IF you haven’t noticed), I’m a little bit obsessed with turmeric these days. I hope you enjoy this Baked Chicken with Turmeric Sauce recipe as much as Cody and I did!
Baked Chicken With Turmeric Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into halves)
- 1/4 cup quinoa, dry
- 8 small potatoes
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups kale
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the chicken breasts into halves and loosely wrap in one sheet of foil paper.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, make the quinoa according to directions and set aside.
- Wash and slice the potatoes.
- Drizzle 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil over the potatoes and loosely wrap in one sheet of foil paper.
- Add the wrapped potatoes to the baking sheet and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the turmeric sauce by mixing the tahini, turmeric, olive oil, and black pepper together, then set aside.
- Finally, drizzle the remaining coconut oil over the kale and loosely warp in a sheet of foil paper.
- Add the kale to the baking sheet and continue to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked and the potatoes are soft, remove from the oven and fill each bowl with chicken, quinoa, roasted potatoes, and kale.
- Drizzle the chicken with the turmeric sauce and enjoy!
Leave a Reply