Let’s talk about these Turmeric Tahini & Roasted Beets Power Bowls for a sec. THEY. ARE. GLORIOUS! Creamy, savory, and just a touch of spicy. These nutritious power bowls make a quick, easy, and healthy weeknight dinner!
Have I told you about how I’m completely addicted to turmeric these days? Ok, after making Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls, Turmeric Pineapple & Kiwi Kale Smoothies, Vegan Turmeric Ginger Dressing, and Vegan Spring Rolls w/ Turmeric Coconut Sauce, I think my point proves itself. It’s not just the warm, spicy flavors. It’s the powerhouse of nutrition it brings to the table!
And even more recently, it seems I have a newfound addiction to tahini! If you’ve never had tahini, it’s a fancy name for ground sesame seed butter. This is my most favorite Organic Tahini! It’s so creamy and amazing. And versatile, y’all! I recently made Tahini-Chocolate with it, too!
So take deliciously nutritious turmeric, combine it with creamy tahini, and you get an EPIC sauce to
cover drench these power bowls in!
ALSO: I spiralized the radishes, because spiralizing things is SO. MUCH. FUN! No other reason. Personally, I almost find it therapeutic. So it’s totally optional, but if you’re wanting to try it out, here’s the spiralizer I use! It’s just an simple hand-held spiralizer, so it’s easy to use and doesn’t take up a ton of space in your kitchen.
These Turmeric Tahini & Roasted Beets Power Bowls are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free!
So that’s a win! I like to make several of these bowls, eat one for dinner, and save the rest for lunches or dinners throughout the week. If you do that, keep the sauce separate from the vegetables until right before you eat it!
Here’s the delicious recipe:
Turmeric Tahini & Roasted Beets Power Bowls
- 3 small beets
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 4 radishes
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp crushed pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice the beets. Lay them on a baking sheet with a little bit of oil (I sprayed them with a little coconut oil) and add salt/pepper (optional). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
- While the beets are roasting, cook the lentils according to directions.
- Shred the cabbage and spiralize the radishes (or slice).
- Mix the tahini and turmeric together to create a sauce.
- Put together the power bowls by adding the beets, lentils, cabbage and radishes. Top each bowl with the turmeric tahini sauce and garnish with crushed red pepper and crushed pine nuts.