YA’LL. This Dairy-Free Tuscan Chicken Skillet is EVERYTHING! Creamy, savory, hearty, healthy comfort food at it’s finest. If you’re looking for an easy and delicious weeknight dinner, this one is a great selection!
Here’s something you guys need to know about me. I’ve been keeping it to myself this entire time, but I think it’s time I finally told you the truth…I used to be TERRIBLE at cooking chicken. Like, TERRIBLE! I would always burn the outside and undercook the inside. That’s right, me, the food blogger over here, and I could hardly cook. Please don’t leave me!! Can we still be friends?
People would always tell me how easy it is to make chicken, but I just couldn’t get it right. Thankfully, after some practice and the right equipment, I feel like I finally have a handle on it! And thank goodness, ’cause how on earth did I live without this tuscan chicken skillet recipe in my previous life???
This Dairy-Free Tuscan Chicken Skillet recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner!
Here’s how this recipes going down: chicken cooked to perfection in Cast Iron cookware, a creamy sauce made out of cashew butter and almond milk, and then savory mushrooms, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes to take it to another level. Delicious!
By the way, if you happen to currently be a bad-chicken-cooker like I used to be, don’t worry! Lodge Cast Iron cookware is making it easier than ever to cook it to perfection, friend. Specifically, I used the 10.25 inch Lodge Dual Handle Pan to make this tuscan chicken skillet recipe.
I’m absolutely loving this pan because it’s the perfect size for everyday dinners, it’s easy to store, and (best of all) it’s easy to clean! If you want to up your cooking game and have an easy pan to make easy weeknight dinners in, be sure to check out Lodge Cast Iron cookware! You can also use code Dual25 for a discount of 25% off of Dual Handle Products (valid until July 7th) 😉
Here’s how to make this Dairy-Free Tuscan Chicken Skillet recipe:
Dairy-Free Tuscan Chicken Skillet
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Cut each chicken breast in half.
- In the 10.25 inch Lodge Dual Handle Pan, cook the chicken breasts in the avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning, continue cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the cashew butter and almond milk together and set aside.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the mushrooms until they reduce.
- Add the cashew butter and almond milk mixture to the pan, continue cooking.
- Add in the spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
- Lastly, add in the cooked chicken and stir into the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!