Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes Recipe
Potatoes are always a winner with my kids, especially when there is a creamy dipping sauce to go with them! Making these Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes is an easy way to mix up your weeknight sides without being complicated or fussy. It all comes together in one small baking dish, layering the olive oil, parmesan, herbs, and garlic on the bottom before placing potatoes on top! Roast potatoes in the oven for under 30 minutes, they come out pillowy soft with a flavorful crispy underside. My family is loving this recipe and I’m sure you will, too!
You’ll Also Love: Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
What You’ll Need
- Baby Yukon Gold Potatoes – Halved. You can use regular-sized potatoes, just cut them into 1-inch pieces. Substitute with red potatoes, but not russet potatoes because they will not keep their shape as well.
- Olive Oil – Avocado oil is also an option
- Parmesan – Grated or shredded.
- Dried Rosemary or Thyme – Fresh herbs work too! Just double the amount!
- Garlic – Minced, or substitute with one tablespoon garlic powder.
- Salt/Black Pepper – To taste.
- Spray Oil
- Plain yogurt – Use Greek yogurt for a thicker dipping sauce!
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh or Dried Thyme
How to Make Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
In one baking dish, these Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes take just minutes to put together. Here’s how to make this tasty, hearty side:
For the Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425 F, and slice each potato in half.
- Coat the inside bottom of a small baking dish or casserole dish with oil.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese, herbs, and garlic into the pan covering the bottom.
- Place potatoes cut side down in the pan in a single layer and lightly spray with oil spray.
- Lastly, bake for 25 minutes or until fork tender.
Dipping Sauce (Optional)
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, thyme, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl and stir well.
- Cover and chill the mixture in the refrigerator while the potatoes cook.
- Serve a dollop alongside the Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes!
Toppings & Serving Ideas
- Parmesan – Sprinkle the potatoes with additional grated parmesan cheese just as they come out of the oven
- Crème Fraîche – instead of the dipping sauce, drizzle on top
- Crispy, diced bacon
- Finely chopped green onions would add a nice pop to the flavors!
- Meal Prep Breakfast Egg Bagels – serve alongside these potatoes for a tasty brunch!
- Side Salad
- Kale Beef Burgers w/ Red Peppers – Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes pair perfectly with this burger
- Rotisserie Chicken
Storing Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potato Leftovers
To store leftovers, let them cool completely and place them in an airtight container with a lid. The crispy Parmesan potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or the freezer for 3-4 months. The dipping sauce can be stored for up to a week in the refrigerator!
To reheat, place the potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and warm for a few minutes, until heated completely.
More Healthy Potato Recipes
- Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Chickpeas & Broccoli Pesto
- 4-Ingredient Potato Soup
- Skillet Sweet Potato Kale Hash
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
Sign up for my email list to get my FREE 7 Meal-Planning Secrets To Making Wholesome Dinners (In 30 Minutes Or Less) course!
Crispy Parmesan Crusted Potatoes
- 2 Pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes (halved)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary or thyme (or 2 Tablespoons fresh, chopped)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- spray oil
Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thyme (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drizzle a small baking pan wthl olive oil and spread evenly to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese, dried thyme, salt, pepper, and fresh garlic evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Place the potatoes facedown in the baking pan, covering the bottom as much as possible.
- Spray the tops of the potatoes with a little extra oil and add extra parmesan, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until a fork slides easily into the potatoes.
Dipping Sauce (optional)
- While the potatoes are baking, whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the dipping sauce, covered, in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to combine. Serve with the potatoes!