After all, it IS sweet potato season, the best season of all!!! Ok, maybe pumpkin season is the best season of all, but sweet potato season is pretty amazing. Don’t worry, ALL the pumpkin recipes are coming your way very soon. But for now, let’s talk about this amazing vegetable!
I think it’s incredibly awesome how sweet potatoes can go from savory fries to wholesome healthy to sweet fall desserts! Not to mention the glorious amounts of Vitamin A (beta-carotene), Vitamin C, Potassium, and other nutritional wins.
In this case, we’re lightly roasting sweet potatoes and adding them to delicious black beans, quinoa, spinach, and avocado for an EPIC power bowl/salad that succeeds at life. Similar to the Roasted Beets and Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad, but special in it’s own, quick, easy, tasty way.
This wholesome Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad is too good NOT to make!
You think I’m kidding. I could eat this literally every night for dinner. Some nights may or may not involve a side of pizza, but that’s completely beside the point. This salad is SO good!
It’s also perfect for when you’re having people over or sharing a meal! You can make it in bulk (fairly easily) and just throw it together. Perfection!
Here’s the easy recipe:
Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups spinach
- 15 oz . can black beans
- 1 small avocado
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and cube the sweet potatoes (I like to remove the skin first). Place on a baking sheet and lightly spray with coconut oil. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, make the quinoa according to directions.
- Chop the spinach (optional) and mix with the black beans and cubed or sliced avocado.
- Add the cooked quinoa and roasted sweet potatoes.
- Divide 4 ways, serve, and enjoy!