Classic Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie made with creamy peanut butter, wholesome rolled oats, greek yogurt, almond milk, organic protein powder, and sweetened with honey. Make this smoothie in 5 minutes or less!
Welcome to smoothie week, friends! As July is coming to an end and the warm weather is getting even warmer, we thought now would be a great time to share some of our favorite ice-cold smoothies. Let’s kick things off with this delicious and classic Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie!
There are a few things that you need to know about this Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie:
- I made it in bulk, then froze it in mason jars for easy smoothies throughout the week.
- I had it as breakfast, as a snack, and as dessert.
- I topped it with chocolate chips and extra honey for an ice cream-like treat!
- But it’s still healthy and full of nutrition, which is the best.
- It’s made without banana, not that I actually have a preference about that, but someone out there might.
- It is the LITERAL BEST PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL SMOOTHIE!
I don’t think there are enough words for me to truly emphasize how obsessed I am with this smoothie. Sooooo. Beyond. Obsessed! You’re going to love this easy recipe, friend!
RELATED: The Ultimate Green Avocado Smoothie
How to make this Classic Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
Start by blending the rolled oats into a flour-like texture. Next, simply combine the peanut butter, greek yogurt, almond milk (frozen into ice cubes), protein powder, and honey. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Tips for making this smoothie
- If you don’t have almond milk frozen in an ice cube tray, simply use regular almond milk and freeze the entire smoothie in mason jars for later and easy smoothies throughout the week!
- Feel free to use peanut butter powder to save on calories.
- This is the best protein powder to use!
- Honey can be omitted or replaced with a sweetener of choice.
- The amount of oats can be adjusted depending on how thick you want the smoothie to be!
Why you need oats in your smoothie
Rolled oats are loaded with nutrition, making them great for adding to your smoothie! Some of the benefits include high fiber, healthy carbs, and antioxidants. Balanced with healthy fats and protein, adding oats to your smoothie makes for a filling and healthy meal!
More smoothie recipes you’ll enjoy:
Classic Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 12 ice cubes unsweetened almond milk (or another cup of milk if freezing afterwards)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder about 1/2 cup
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Blend the rolled oats into a flour-like texture.
- Add in everything else and blend.
- Serve and enjoy or freeze for healthy smoothies throughout the week!