End-of-summer calls for ice-cold smoothies! I’m loving how thick and creamy this peanut butter smoothie is, making it perfect for a quick breakfast that’s healthy and filling at the same time. Whether you make it as a classic smoothie or turn it into a smoothie bowl with toppings, everyone will love the delicious flavors in this easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie!
There are a few things that you need to know about this Peanut Butter Smoothie:
- It can be made in bulk, then frozen in mason jars for easy smoothies throughout the week.
- It’s perfect for a healthy breakfast, a snack, or even a frozen treat (add chocolate chips and a honey drizzle – yum)!
- The peanut butter taste is creamy and so good.
- It’s made with no banana!
- Made with oatmeal, yogurt, and protein powder, this recipe is healthy and full of nutrition.
- It is the LITERAL BEST PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE!
I don’t think there are enough words for me to truly emphasize how obsessed I am with this smoothie. Sooooo. Beyond. Obsessed! You’re going to love this easy, no-banana smoothie recipe, friend!
RELATED: 15 Immune Boosting Smoothies
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter works best. However, you could also try almond butter, cashew butter, or any type of nut butter!
Rolled Oats – The oats in this recipe help to thicken the smoothie and add a creaminess. This also replaces the frozen banana that’s typically in smoothies!
Plain Greek Yogurt – A non-dairy yogurt option works great, too.
Honey (or Maple Syrup) – Sweeten this smoothie with a little bit of honey or maple syrup.
Almond Milk – Any type of milk works in this recipe! Almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or dairy milk.
Vanilla Protein Powder – The protein powder adds nutrition and vanilla flavor!
How to Make a Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie With No Banana
Start by blending the rolled oats into a flour-like texture (or use oat flour instead). Next, simply combine the peanut butter, greek yogurt, almond milk (frozen into ice cubes), protein powder, and honey. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Tips for The Best Peanut Butter Smoothie
- If you don’t have almond milk frozen in an ice cube tray, simply use regular almond milk and freeze the entire smoothie in mason jars for later. This is great for easy smoothies throughout the week!
- Feel free to use peanut butter powder instead of protein powder, if desired.
- This is my personal favorite protein powder to use!
- Honey can be omitted or replaced with a sweetener of choice.
- The amount of rolled oats can be adjusted depending on how thick you want the smoothie to be!
Why You Need Oats in Your Smoothie
Rolled oats are nutritious, making them great for adding to your smoothie! Some of the benefits include high fiber, healthy carbs, and antioxidants. Balanced with healthy fats and protein, adding oats to your smoothie makes for a filling and healthy meal. They also help to thicken smoothies that have no bananas!
More Add-In Ideas
Healthy Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Cantaloupe Smoothie (Easy + Refreshing!)
- The Ultimate Green Avocado Smoothie
- Peach Yogurt Smoothie Recipe
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Peanut Butter Smoothie (No Banana)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 12 ice cubes unsweetened almond milk (or 1 cup of milk if freezing for later)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (about 1/2 cup)
- Blend the rolled oats into a flour-like texture.
- Add in everything else and blend.
- Enjoy cold or freeze for healthy smoothies throughout the week!