Slow cooker life is the best life, ya know? Especially when it involves something as savory and delicious as this Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup! Read more or jump over to the recipe!
Last week my dad came to stay with us here in Oklahoma. We had a great time and spent a lot of evenings eating out (one of my fave things to do, y’all), but to put it simply: cooking for two grown men was slightly challenging. Not really, in the grand scheme of things, but I quickly realized that we couldn’t eat out every day for an entire week (ummmm, hello splurge week!). I knew I needed to make something that could go a long way for the three of us and still be healthy!
This Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup saved the day, y’all. It was a huge hit! Not only did it make enough for us last week, but we ended up with leftovers for the next few days. Perfect!
Guys, I’m talking the throw it all in and leave it method here. Is there even a better way? If you’ve spent any length of time here on Jar Of Lemons, you know how obsessed I am with my slow cooker. Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos, anyone? Slow cooker everything! I especially love this particular slow cooker because of it’s programmable feature. The BEST!
Here’s how this Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup is going down:
Savory chicken slow cooked to perfection, creamy soup loaded with all the goods (beans, corn, celery, carrots, tomato sauce, the best ever taco seasoning), and tortilla chips to top it all off. Did I mention this recipe is loaded with protein and also happens to be gluten and dairy-free? Excuse me while I devour this RN.
Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 chicken breasts, medium
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 15 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 whole carrots, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning (1 oz.)
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker with 1/4 cup of the broth and cook on high for 2.5 hours (or low for 5). Ensure chicken is about 90% cooked throughout. Shred the chicken inside of the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker and stir. Cook for another 2.5 hours on high or 5 hours on low (or until vegetables have softened).
- Add tortilla chips, serve, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are products that I know, trust, and love!