Life is busy, y’all! When it comes to eating healthy, there’s very little time to make crazy, complicated recipes. That’s why today I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to recipes. Hello, 20-minute Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa!
I used to try to make “fancy” recipes that required tons of ingredients and time in order to eat healthy, but I quickly realized that the fancy-cooking lifestyle is not for me. I guess I’m just a tad too
lazy busy when it comes to cooking! I need one-pot recipes, things that can be refrigerated overnight (like these Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats), and ingredients that can simply be thrown together in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Making Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Quinoa
That’s where this Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa recipe comes in! There are only 6 simple ingredients in this delicious recipe:
- Medium Shrimp, cooked, peeled & deveined, tails-off
- Dorot Crushed Garlic
- Dorot Chopped Basil
GUYS. Let’s just talk about the life saving goodness that is Dorot. Basically little frozen cubes of ALL GOOD THINGS (in this case Crushed Garlic and Chopped Basil) that can be dropped into your recipe and require no prep or cleanup. Best invention ever! Check out this video highlighting how easy these garlic and herb cubes are:
Watch How to Make Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Quinoa
Seriously, though. I’m all about anything that requires no prep or cleanup. The best part about Dorot products is that not only are they easy to use, but they’re vegan, raw, and free of preservatives and artificial ingredients! I buy them at Trader Joes and absolutely love them. If you’re interested in trying them out, head over to the Dorot page and download a coupon for their delicious garlic and herbs!
Not to mention the “wow” factor that these garlic and basil cubes add to this Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa recipe! If you’re looking for something delicious, easy, and quick to make for dinner tonight, this recipe is for you!
Top Tips for Making Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- If using frozen shrimp, thaw them in advance.
- Shrimp cook fast so follow my directions below to ensure you don’t overcook them.
- Quinoa is super easy to make, why not try adding different herbs and spices to it to change things up. If you’re looking for an easy approach to preparing quinoa, check out our post How To Cook Quinoa Perfectly Every Time.
- Leftovers taste great the next day and can be eaten cold for lunch or dinner with salad.
More Shrimp Recipes You Might Like:
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Sauce
- Healthy Cajun Shrimp Gumbo
- Healthy Sriracha Lime Shrimp
- Shrimp Guacamole Tostadas
Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa
- 16 oz. medium shrimp (cooked, deveined, tails-off)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or any cooking oil)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat up the oil and garlic over medium heat.
- Add in the shrimp, paprika, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for about 7-10 minutes, or until everything is warm.
- Serve over cooked quinoa with fresh parsley (optional) and enjoy!
- If using frozen shrimp, fully thaw them in advance.
- This recipe calls for cooked shrimp. However, feel free to use uncooked shrimp instead! Simply add in a little bit of extra time for cooking the shrimp.
- Feel free to use precooked quinoa to save time!
- This recipe does great as leftovers and can be eaten hot or cold for lunch or dinner the next day.