You guys. These Kung Pao Shrimp Tacos w/ Jalapeño Sauce! Spicy, savory, creamy, crazy. This asian-mexican fusion is DELISH and perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Cody and I have been on such a taco kick lately. Especially seafood tacos! After trying out these Sriracha Lime Shrimp Tacos (all hail Sriracha!) and Spicy Salmon Tacos w/ Avocado Lime Dressing, I was really inspired to create something EPIC. I mean, those tacos are already epic, but I wanted to take it to another level!
Since we’ve had taco night almost every night these days, I’ve had lots of opportunities to practice. 😉 Now, as always with asian food, I have zero claim to authenticity here. My version of making asian food pretty much consists of me throwing random asian food ingredients together and naming it the next closest name. Sorry, don’t hate me! I promise my experiments typically have happy endings! 🙂
Except for the few times they don’t….but never mind that. Let’s just focus on this epic win for now, shall we?
These tacos are also gluten-free! For this recipe, I used these delicious gluten-free corn tortillas and my new favorite organic soy sauce. You can use any type that you want, but I love the fact that it’s organic! ALSOOOOOO….please don’t burn yourself with the jalapeños! Can anyone testify to what that feels like? You don’t know you’ve done it until you try to take out your contacts later that night. YEAH. There’s no amount of hand washing that will make it go away. Heed my warning, friend! Say yes to gloves. 🙂
Seriously, though, I’m in love with these Kung Pao Shrimp Tacos w/ Jalapeño Sauce!
If you’re into making things once and eating them throughout the week (like I SO am), make a double batch of the Kung Pao Shrimp and Jalapeño Sauce, then just put it into tortillas for SUPER easy weeknight dinners!
Here’s the easy recipe:
Kung Pao Shrimp Tacos w/ Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp honey
- 5 mini peppers
- 2 Tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1 medium lime
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 4 radishes
- 6 gluten-free corn tortillas
- Cook the shrimp according to directions.
- While the shrimp are cooking, create the sauce by mixing the sesame oil, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and honey. Set aside.
- Slice the mini peppers and set aside.
- Once the shrimp are almost finished cooking, drain the excess water from the pan. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and continue cooking. Add the mini peppers and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Carefully cut the jalapeño (using gloves) and adjust the level of spicy by removing or including the seeds (including the seeds makes it spicier). Place the jalapeño, yogurt, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until the jalapeño sauce is smooth.
- Fill the tortillas with the shredded red cabbage, shrimp and peppers, and radishes. Drizzle with jalapeño sauce, serve, and enjoy!