CONFESSION: I’ve been listening to Christmas music since October. I know, I know. Shame. But I just can’t help myself, y’all! This is truly my favorite time of year!
In my defense, the Christmas tree didn’t go up until the day after Thanksgiving, as is perfectly acceptable by most of society. So you can be proud of me for that! I’ve tempted to put it up for weeks now. And I must say, it’s looking pretty warm, cozy, and fabulous in our new home. I’ll be posting about it later this month!
One of my favorite things about this time of year (aside from being with family, friends, holiday parties, and the spirit of giving) is all of the delicious food!
This Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake is perfect for a holiday breakfast or brunch recipe!
I made this recipe the day before Thanksgiving when my family was in town. They absolutely loved it! It’s sweet, hearty, warm, delicious, and makes your house smell amazing.
Something that I added to take this Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake recipe to the next level was Hiland Dairy Lowfat Milk (perfect for adding a little protein to the mix) and Hiland Dairy Salted Butter! I mixed the salted butter with maple syrup and coconut sugar to make a sweet topping that ended up being 😍😍😍!!!
If you’re as obsessed with the holidays as I am, be sure to head over to the Hiland Dairy landing page to sign up for the holiday email series featuring tips, recipes, crafts and coupons to aid in your holiday hosting/planning! When you sign up, you’ll be automatically entered to win a KitchenAid Mixer! #YesPlease 🙋🏻
Watch how to make this Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake!
Here’s the recipe for this delicious Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake:
Easy Gingerbread French Toast Bake
French Toast Bake
- 10 slices whole grain bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1.5 cups Hiland Dairy Lowfat Milk
- 4 packets stevia
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 stick Hiland Dairy Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces (about 1-2") and place in a casserole dish.
- Mix the eggs, milk, stevia, vanilla, and maple syrup together.
- Pour the mixture over the bread pieces and refrigerate.
- Melt the butter and mix together the ingredients for the topping.
- Pour the topping over the refrigerated casserole.
- Place the French Toast Bake in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!