Things that make these Vegetarian Spicy Korean Bibimbap Bowls epic:
- A lightly fried egg. ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA.
- Sriracha. Need I say more???
- Lots of veggies….so lots of nutrition!
- EASYYYYY peasy to make.
- Zucchini noodles (check out the One-Pot Shrimp Scampi w/ Zucchini Noodles post on how to make them).
And that’s just to name a few! I am LOVING these bowls, y’all.
I actually used two kinds of noodles in this recipe. Zucchini noodles (Zoodles?), and these really easy-to-make Udon Noodles. As in, 2-minutes and they’re done easy! The BEST.
And since it’s now the end of summer, I’ve been looking for what I consider “transitional” recipes. In other words, recipes that are somewhat fall-ish, but still have summer vibes to them. I mean, even though we’ve had a strangely cooler week than usual here in Texas, we all know fall doesn’t come until October over in this part of the world! Which is a very sad thing, since I’m pretty much craving fall recipes ALREADY.
These Vegetarian Spicy Korean Bibimbap Bowls are PERFECT for that transition!
Warm, cozy, and in a bowl (giving off all the fall vibes), but loaded with zucchini and fresh veggies to keep them light and fresh for those end-of-summer feels. Summer going into fall via delicious Korean bibimbap bowls. We’re doing this!
Here’s the recipe:
Vegetarian Spicy Korean Bibimbap Bowls
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 16 oz . mushrooms
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 package udon noodles (2 servings)
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp sriracha
- Cook the spirzalized zucchini, shredded carrots, and red cabbage in about 1 1/2 cups of water until the vegetables have softened (but still have a little bit of crunch to them).
- While the vegetables are cooking, sauté the mushrooms over medium heat in the sesame oil until they have reduced in size.
- Microwave the udon noodles according to directions.
- Arrange each bowl with udon noodles, zucchini noodles, carrots, cabbage, and mushrooms.
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat until you see ripples begin to form. Lightly fry each egg, allowing the whites to fully cook.
- Top each bowl with an egg and sriracha. Serve and enjoy!