Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers loaded with savory ground turkey, wholesome spinach, and sweet pine nuts. This recipe is easy to make and perfect to take on-the-go!
Looking for a healthy dinner recipe that can be made in 30 minutes or less? These Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers are heavenly! I’m loving how easy they are to make and the fact that they can be meal prepped. So perfect for our busy lifestyles!
Watch this recipe video for Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers!
These Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers are great for a quick, easy healthy dinner recipe!
Now that we have a baby, we basically have ZERO time to make dinner from scratch. I’m not sure how other moms do it! All I know is that weekend meal prep is my new way of life and I’m not complaining. I ended up making these Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers in advance, refrigerating them, and then had them ready to go for throughout the week.
If you’re into making a big dinner recipe once or twice a week and then having it for the rest of the week, then these Whole30 Stuffed Peppers are for you!
What You Need to Make Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers:
- Sweet peppers – You can use any but I prefer the red or yellow ones because they’re sweeter
- ground turkey – It’s lean, delicious and gives added protein
- spinach – Full of goodness and adds freshness
- pine nuts – Give a nice texture and crunch
- spices – Cayenne, Paprika, Chili Powder & Cumin, this spice blend gives so much flavor to these peppers and a nice spicy kick
- casserole dish – Here’s the one I recommend
Can You Freeze These Stuffed Peppers?
Yes, You can prepare these peppers in advance (don’t bake them) and store them in the freezer in suitable containers. You can also bake them and store leftovers in the fridge. Enjoy them cold with salad or reheat in the oven.
I love these Rubbermaid Brilliance containers for storing these stuffed peppers in the refrigerator or freezer. They’re leak proof, airtight, and amazing for keeping food fresh!
These stuffed peppers are very versatile and can be adapted with different ingredients to change them up but still keeping them whole 30! Here are some ideas:
- Ground chicken or beef
- Sausage (check for added sugars and make sure whole30 compliant)
- Leftover potatoes
- Green onions
- Fresh homemade salsa
Looking for more Whole30 and Paleo recipes? Try out these Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls and this Easy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole!
Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 5 whole peppers
- 1 Tbsp crushed pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook the ground turkey.
- While the ground turkey is cooking, cut the peppers in halves and clean out the middle of each one.
- Set one pepper aside and finely chop.
- When the turkey is almost finished cooking, add in the spinach and finely chopped pepper.
- Add in the ground pepper, cayenne, paprika, chili powder, garlic, and cumin.
- Stuff each pepper half with the turkey mixture and top with pine nuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or until peppers are nearly soft).
- Serve hot and enjoy!