Shredded Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe with Cheesy Rice
As the weather cools down and we head into fall, my mind is completely on warm and cozy dinner ideas. This Shredded Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe with Rice is one of my favorite easy meals for busy weeknights! Especially since they can be prepped ahead of time. It’s a game-changer!
Chopped veggies are quickly sauteed with shredded chicken, cooked rice, and a simple but delicious seasoning, then mixed with cheese. They’re stuffed into bell pepper halves, topped with more cheese, and then baked to tender perfection. This Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers recipe is one that my entire fam loves, and I know you’ll love it, too!
You’ll Also Love: Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers
Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Large Bell Peppers
- Cooked Jasmine Rice
- Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Broccoli Florets
- Dried Oregano
- Chicken Broth (or water)
- Shredded Mozzarella & Cheddar
- Whole Wheat Crackers (crushed)
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
How to Make Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers
There’s nothing like hearty chicken and rice filling stuffed into a roasted pepper! It’s SO good and the perfect weeknight dinner. Here’s how to make Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers:
- Saute a diced shallot, garlic, and chopped broccoli with olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add in shredded chicken, cooked rice, seasoning, and half of the cheese.
- Stir in 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup water or chicken broth.
- Fill each pepper half.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Top with crumbled crackers and fresh parsley!
Meal Prepping This Recipe
Prep this stuffed pepper recipe in advance by making the filling, and then letting it cool a bit. Stuff the prepared bell pepper halves, top with cheese, and then place in an airtight container with a lid or in a baking dish with plastic wrap. When ready, bake the peppers and add toppings!
These Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for 3-5 days or frozen for up to 3 months! To reheat, microwave them for a few minutes (stirring the filling often for even heating) or place them in the oven until evenly warm.
What to Serve with Stuffed Peppers
Looking for a side dish to go with these stuffed peppers? While they’re great on their own, here are a few ideas for delicious pairings:
- Quinoa Salad With Feta Cheese
- Crispy Air Fryer Zucchini
- Pumpkin Curry Soup
- Green Goodness Chickpea Salad
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Goat Cheese
- Hearty Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe
Or check out this post for 25 Ideas for What to Serve With Stuffed Peppers!
More Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Mushroom & Spinach Pasta Bake
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Easy 30-Minute Chicken Fried Rice
- Vegan Red Pepper Hummus Pizza
- Roasted Harissa Stuffed Eggplant
Sign up for my email list to get my FREE 7 Meal-Planning Secrets To Making Wholesome Dinners (In 30 Minutes Or Less) course!
Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 -3/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 4-5 whole wheat crackers, crushed (or gluten-free crackers)
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice your bell peppers in half, scoop out the seeds and add to a large baking dish.
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil and add in the diced shallot.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in the minced garlic and chopped broccoli and cook until the broccoli is bright green, about 5 more minutes.
- Add in the shredded chicken, cooked rice, oregano, salt, pepper, and half of each type of cheese.
- Let combine for a few minutes to melt the cheese, then stir in the water or chicken broth. Start with 1/2 cup and add more as needed if the mixture seems dry at all.
- Fill the pepper halves with the mixture and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Remove from the oven and top with crushed whole wheat crackers and fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!