So let’s talk appetizers for parties, shall we? Cody and I don’t host just a ton of parties, mostly because our house feels small and is laid out in a way that isn’t great for hosting a lot of people. But we love going out to friend’s houses and celebrating whatever there is to celebrate! Currently, there’s a ton of attention on spring sports (March Madness, anyone?). And believe me when I say that I am one of the LEAST sports-driven people on this planet! I’m there for the food, you know?
Give me all the appetizers and desserts, especially at a sports-focused gathering 😉 Some of my faves:
- Vegan Spring Rolls w/ Spicy Turmeric Coconut Sauce
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 5 Minute Healthy Spinach Pesto
- And now these delicious Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers!
These Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers are perfect as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner!
I absolutely love how hearty these chicken and rice stuffed peppers are! In this case, I actually made them for dinner (and then leftover lunch the next day). However, I think they would work great as a fun appetizer at a party! A few notes about the recipe:
- I made these with regular bell peppers, but they would also be great in mini sweet peppers! Simply cut each mini pepper in half and fill. I haven’t tried it out yet, but my guess would be twice as many mini peppers as regular bell peppers with the same amount of rice/chicken/other ingredients. If you try it out, let me know in the comments below!
- I 100% planned on adding sun-dried tomatoes in the cheesy rice mixture, but (ready for this?)….I couldn’t get the dumb jar to open. Yeah. Who makes a lid that tight???? Ridiculous. So, maybe try adding those to the rice for extra flavor 😉
- Finely cut broccoli would also be delicious in these Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers!
- Any type of rice should work just fine, but I really really loved using Mahatma Jasmine Rice in this recipe!
Mahatma Jasmine Rice from Thailand is a long grain rice, has a soft texture, pairs really well with chicken, and is truly authentic and natural. Which makes it perfect for this Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers recipe! Now, I realize that I’m not using it in the most authentic way here in this recipe, but let me tell ya. It’s DELISH!
Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 cup Mahatma Jasmine Rice, dry
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (the amount of 1 large chicken breast)
- 2 tsp seasoning blend of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove seeds/middle of peppers.
- Place on a baking sheet or casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the peppers are baking, cook the rice according to directions (using chicken broth instead of water).
- Once the rice has cooked, add in the cheese, cooked chicken, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- If the rice is too thick and dry, stir in the unsweetened almond milk while the cheesy rice is warm.
- Fill each pepper with the rice mixture.
- Top each pepper with additional cheese (optional) and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish each pepper (optional) and serve fresh out of the oven!
- Feel free to add more of the unsweetened almond milk if the rice is too thick or sticky!
- These can also be refrigerated and heated up for lunch the next day!