So let’s talk appetizers for parties, shall we? Cody and I don’t host just a ton of parties, mostly because our house feels small and is laid out in a way that isn’t great for hosting a lot of people. But we love going out to friend’s houses and celebrating whatever there is to celebrate! Currently, there’s a ton of attention on spring sports (March Madness, anyone?). And believe me when I say that I am one of the LEAST sports-driven people on this planet! I’m there for the food, you know?
Give me all the appetizers and desserts, especially at a sports-focused gathering 😉 Some of my faves:
- Vegan Spring Rolls w/ Spicy Turmeric Coconut Sauce
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 5 Minute Healthy Spinach Pesto
- And now these delicious Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers!
These Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers are perfect as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner!
I absolutely love how hearty these chicken and rice stuffed peppers are! In this case, I actually made them for dinner (and then leftover lunch the next day). However, I think they would work great as a fun appetizer at a party! A few notes about the recipe:
- I made these with regular bell peppers, but they would also be great in mini sweet peppers! Simply cut each mini pepper in half and fill. I haven’t tried it out yet, but my guess would be twice as many mini peppers as regular bell peppers with the same amount of rice/chicken/other ingredients. If you try it out, let me know in the comments below!
- I 100% planned on adding sun-dried tomatoes in the cheesy rice mixture, but (ready for this?)….I couldn’t get the dumb jar to open. Yeah. Who makes a lid that tight???? Ridiculous. So, maybe try adding those to the rice for extra flavor 😉
- Finely cut broccoli would also be delicious in these Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers!
- Any type of rice should work just fine, but I really really loved using Mahatma Jasmine Rice in this recipe!
Mahatma Jasmine Rice from Thailand is a long grain rice, has a soft texture, pairs really well with chicken, and is truly authentic and natural. Which makes it perfect for this Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers recipe! Now, I realize that I’m not using it in the most authentic way here in this recipe, but let me tell ya. It’s DELISH!
If you’ve never tried out Mahatma Jasmine Rice, be sure to check it out at one of theses stores. And then come back here to make these Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers!
Cheesy Chicken And Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 cup Mahatma Jasmine Rice, dry
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (the amount of 1 large chicken breast)
- 2 tsp seasoning blend of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove seeds/middle of peppers.
- Place on a baking sheet or casserole dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the peppers are baking, cook the rice according to directions (using chicken broth instead of water).
- Once the rice has cooked, add in the cheese, cooked chicken, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- If the rice is too thick and dry, stir in the unsweetened almond milk while the cheesy rice is warm.
- Fill each pepper with the rice mixture.
- Top each pepper with additional cheese (optional) and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish each pepper (optional) and serve fresh out of the oven!
- Feel free to add more of the unsweetened almond milk if the rice is too thick or sticky!
- These can also be refrigerated and heated up for lunch the next day!