I absolutely love it when I can put together a quick and delicious meal with ingredients I already have on hand! Especially when it’s something the entire family can enjoy for dinner. Even my toddler couldn’t get enough of this one!
Here’s what I’m loving about this Easy Quinoa Chili:
- It can be made completely from pantry items!
- It’s great as leftovers or a freezer meal.
- The entire recipe only takes 30 minutes to make.
- It’s healthy, hearty, comforting, and SO good!
RELATED: 35 Healthy Pantry Recipes
What you need to make the best quinoa chili
Good quality quinoa
It’s always a great idea to keep quinoa stocked in your pantry! This brand of quinoa is my favorite.
Note: Find quality quinoa and other healthy ingredients for this recipe at a discounted price on Thrive Market!
Tomato sauce and diced tomatoes for the base
The base for quinoa chili is made from canned tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. You’ll also need a little bit of vegetable broth!
Canned beans and corn
I used canned beans and corn for the vegetables in this recipe. However, feel free to add any that sound good!
The best chili recipes are ALL about using the right amounts of spices. Here’s what we’re using in this recipe:
- Chili powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Onion (fresh onion is great, too!)
- Dried Cilantro
When I made this recipe, I was focused on using ingredients that I already had in my pantry. However, if you’d prefer to use fresh garlic, onion, or cilantro, feel free to do so!
What to serve with this recipe
Want to take this recipe to the next level? Top it off with a little sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), shredded cheese, and serve it with tortilla chips. SO yummy!
More chili recipes you’ll love:
More quinoa recipes to make for dinner:
- Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese
- Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Quinoa & Mushroom Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp & Quinoa
Easy Quinoa Chili
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 15.5 oz. can black beans (drained)
- 1 15.5 oz. can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 Tbsp dried onion (or 1/2 onion, chopped)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- dried cilantro (to taste)
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Combine the quinoa and diced tomatoes in a stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add in the beans, corn, vegetable broth, and tomato sauce.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, onion, garlic, cilantro, and salt/pepper.
- Stir and lower heat.
- Cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!