When it comes to healthy snacking, it’s easy to get into a granola or protein bar rut. If you’re tired of eating the same ‘ol store-bought bars everyday, then we have the perfect recipe for you: Cranberry Almond Healthy Oatmeal Bars that are SUPER EASY to make! Here’s what we’re loving about these delicious bars:
- They can stay fresh for up to a week at room temp and up to two weeks in the fridge.
- There’s no baking required – simply mix everything together, refrigerate, and cut into bars!
- They hold together, so they’re great for taking on-the-go.
- Sweetened with honey or agave, they’re naturally sweetened.
- They basically taste like HEAVEN in a bar!
These healthy oatmeal bars are perfect for any time of the year!
RELATED: Honey Oatmeal No-Bake Energy Bites
Tips for making Cranberry Almond Healthy Oatmeal Bars
- If the dough seems a little dry at first, keep mixing.
- This is our favorite vanilla protein powder for this recipe, but any type of vanilla protein powder will work!
- Don’t want to use protein powder? Substitute it with oat flour instead!
- Refrigerate the oat bars for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Use a small, square or rectangle cake pan lined with parchment paper to easily set, cut, and remove the bars.
- Feel free to adapt these bars with your favorite dried fruits, nuts, seeds and spices!
Variations for healthy oatmeal bars
Want to mix up the flavors in oatmeal bars? Simply replace the dried cranberries and sliced almonds with the following variations:
- Raisins, mango, pineapple, apricots
- Goji berries
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts such as cashews, hazelnuts and walnuts
- Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
More bars for healthy breakfasts, snacks, and desserts
- No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Bars
- The BEST Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Easy Raspberry Breakfast Quinoa Bars
- Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Chocolate Cherry Crumble Dessert Bars
Cranberry Almond Healthy Oatmeal Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey (or agave)
- pinch of salt
- Combine the ingredients together and mix.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in a square 9" cake pan.
- Place the dough in the pan and flatten until even.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares or rectangles and enjoy!