I typically try to make salmon a couple of times a week because it’s loaded with healthy fats and protein. During pregnancy I actually craved salmon (well, after that first trimester sickness was over – eek!) and made it the same way every time several times a week – baked salmon with seasoning, a side of veggies, and maybe some rice. Can we all say BURNOUT MUCH? Yeahhh…since having our baby, I can never have salmon that way again. Haha!
Fast forward to today, our little guy is 6 months old and I’m just now getting back into eating salmon! I made these spicy salmon tacos a few weeks ago and it made the world right for me again. Next up? Finding all of the creative and delicious ways to make salmon! Like this DELISH easy baked teriyaki salmon recipe!
How to make baked teriyaki salmon
Making baked teriyaki salmon is easy! Simply place the salmon filet in foil (skin side down). Mix teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, and soy sauce together along with a little bit of ground ginger. Coat the salmon evenly with the sauce and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until flaky!
Watch this easy baked teriyaki salmon recipe video!
Here’s what I used in this baked teriyaki salmon recipe
- This vegan, gluten free, and organic Teriyaki Sauce!
- Tamari instead of soy sauce (for my gluten free friends)
- Gluten free and GMO free Hoisin Sauce
- Pure Sesame Oil
- The best Ground Ginger around town!
What to serve with baked teriyaki salmon
I love pairing this baked teriyaki salmon recipe with a side of broccoli and rice! However, I think that roasted red peppers, edamame, and carrots would also pair well!
Meal prepping this easy baked teriyaki salmon recipe
The best part? This baked teriyaki salmon recipe can be made in advance and meal prepped for the week! Simply make the recipe ahead of time and place in meal prep containers. Let cool in the refrigerator with out the lid for one hour, then cover and keep for up to 5 days!
P.S: I love love LOVE these Rubbermaid containers for meal prepping since they have an airtight seal and keep things fresh for a good amount of time!
Love baked teriyaki salmon? Then you’ll also love these delicious recipes:
Easy Baked Teriyaki Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon filets (medium)
- 1/4 cup jasmine rice, dry
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cups broccoli (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice according to directions.
- While the rice is cooking, mix the sesame oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, ginger, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Place the salmon filets and broccoli over foil paper on a baking pan.
- Pour the sauce mixture evenly over the filets and broccoli, saving a little bit to drizzle over the rice at the end (optional).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes (or until the salmon filets are flaky).
- Serve over the rice, drizzle with extra sauce, and enjoy!