Pancakes are always a good idea. But when they taste like pecan pie and cozy, fall flavors, they’re especially winning! Today, we’re sharing one of our favorite go-to fall breakfast recipes: Pecan Pancakes that are fluffy, delicious, and SO easy to make! Here’s what we’re loving about these pancakes:
- They use simple, everyday ingredients.
- They can be thrown together in about 10 minutes!
- They’re dairy-free and vegan.
- The recipe is easily adjustable.
- They’re perfect for making ahead of time and storing (if you can resist eating them all right there and then)!
RELATED: 9 Easy Healthy Pancakes Recipes
How To Make Extra Fluffy Pecan Pancakes
The secret to the extra fluffy pancakes is the simple ingredients in the recipe and the mixture of baking powder with baking soda. Additionally, be sure to keep from overtaxing the pancake batter in order to ensure that the pancakes are fluffy! Here are the steps for making fluffy pecan pancakes:
- Combine oat milk and vinegar.
- Spray oil and heat up your pan.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until everything is well mixed.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Cook the pancakes and DONE!
Tips For Making Pecan Pancakes
- Spray a skillet with coconut oil so there isn’t too much oil in the pan. If you don’t have coconut oil you can try any other mild flavored oil!
- As well as pecans this recipe also works with hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews or even chestnuts.
- We used oat milk in this recipe, but feel free to use any plant-based milk or regular milk instead.
- You can make these pecan pancakes in advance and store in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge or up to a month in the freezer!
More Delicious Pancake Recipes To Try
- Easy Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes
- Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Gingerbread Oatmeal Pancakes
- 10-Minute Healthy Banana Pancakes
- Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes
Easy Fluffy Pecan Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix the oat milk and vinegar together, set aside.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil and set over medium heat.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed (ensuring not to overmix).
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the oiled pan, then sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
- Cook each pancake for about 1 minute (or until bubbles form), then flip.
- Serve and enjoy!
- I like to spray a skillet with coconut oil so there isn't too much oil in the pan. If you don't have coconut oil you can try any other mild flavored oil, olive oil probably won't work for this recipe.
- As well as pecans this recipe also works with hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews or even chestnuts
- You can swap Greek yogurt for any natural yogurt, try going for one with a thicker consistency
- This is a great recipe for using up overripe bananas but bare in mind that the riper they are the sweet the taste
- You can make the pancakes in advance and store in an airtight container. Make sure to store the topping separately.
Leave a Reply