I’m a really big fan of basically anything in a bowl. Are you? Why is that? Maybe it’s the fact that everything is just in one place and seems somehow “easy”. Or maybe bowls are just pretty! Either way, we’ve got quite a history of power bowls here on Jar Of Lemons:
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- Broccoli & Chickpea Rainbow Power Bowls
- Turmeric Tahini & Roasted Beets Power Bowls
- Vegan Winter Spiced Chickpea Power Bowl
So why BBQ Chicken Power Bowls?
WELL. Let me tell ya. For starters, it’s almost summer and allllllll things BBQ are now welcome! Secondly, these BBQ Chicken Power Bowls are loaded with nutrition, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and DELISH. They also have a ton of protein and only take about 30 minutes to make!
Here’s how to make the BBQ Chicken Power Bowls:
First step, the BBQ Chicken! Ok, friends. I’m about to tell you about the MOST amazing two things I’ve recently discovered. This BBQ sauce is sugar-free, gluten-free, and vegan! Even though this recipe isn’t vegan, I’m loving this BBQ sauce for some added flavor. You’re welcome to use regular BBQ sauce (as is listed in the ingredients and calories below), but this sugar-free BBQ sauce is great if you want to make this recipe even healthier!
Also, I’m loving this BBQ seasoning. It’s great if you want to avoid sauce or would like to add it to the sauce for extra flavor (not that it really needs it, but it’s great to have on hand for always!).
To make these BBQ Chicken Power Bowls, you’ll just need to top the thawed chicken breasts (cut into halves) with your choice of BBQ sauce or seasoning, then bake for about 30 minutes (or until fully cooked)! Super easy. While the chicken is baking, make the rice and put together the kale/red cabbage salad. Toss the salad with tahini (used in this recipe) or cashew butter. That’s it! Easy peasy. 🙂
TIP: If you’ve completed A Month Of Healthy Eats For The Busy Girl, be sure to add these BBQ Chicken Power Bowls into your mix of go-to recipes! And if you haven’t, be sure to grab your copy HERE!
BBQ Chicken Power Bowls
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup rice, dry
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 avocado
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each chicken breast in half (long-ways).
- Please the chicken on an oiled baking sheet and glaze with BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes (or until fully cooked).
- While the chicken is baking, cook the rice according to directions.
- Toss the kale, red cabbage, and tahini.
- Place into bowls and top with the baked chicken and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply