Happy almost-Thanksgiving, friends! Do you have big and exciting Thanksgiving plans? What’s on the menu? We’re over here getting ready by making Creamy Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes, Mini Pumpkin Pies, and the most delicious Vegan Green Bean Casserole. <—- Even if you’re not vegan, that casserole is SO good, y’all!
Along with all of the Thanksgiving prep, many of you, like me, are hosting family members and friends right now! Or maybe you’re getting ready to travel and see family for the holiday.
Either way, these Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes can be made in advance and frozen until you’re ready to heat them up!
Which happens to be super perfect for busy times like these 😉 I also personally think that these would be fantastic for breakfast or brunch on Thanksgiving day! We’ve always celebrated with Thanksgiving dinner (instead of lunch), so a late brunch featuring these Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes would be 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
POLL: Are you a Thanksgiving lunch or Thanksgiving dinner person? Let me know in the comments below!
Seriously loving these right now, y’all. They’re so easy to make!
As far as the sweet potato goes, I love using this sweet potato puree because it’s the BEST! Time saving, no hassle. So great. However, you can make your own sweet potato puree by microwaving a sweet potato for about 5 minutes (wrapped in a damp paper towel) and then mashing the inside with a fork.
Also…in case you want to take things up a notch…this Emoji Smiley Face Pancake Pan, y’all. Yes, please. Give me all the smiley face Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes!
Here’s how to make these Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes:
Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree ((1 small sweet potato))
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Mix the sweet potato puree, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and maple syrup together.
- Add in the apple cider vinegar and baking powder, then mix.
- Add in the gluten free flour and cinnamon.
- Mix the ingredients together, then pour into an oiled pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat (until the pancake starts to bubble and is solid on one side), then flip.
- Serve and enjoy!