There’s nothing like the flavors of fall in a healthy breakfast meal! Sweet potato, cinnamon, and just the right amount of maple syrup. These Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes are what autumn dreams are made of! Here’s what we’re loving about them:
- They’re SO easy to make!
- They only take about 20 minutes total.
- Made with only 8 simple ingredients.
- Can use homemade sweet potato puree or canned sweet potato.
- Your choice of flour.
- They’re perfect for enjoying fresh or freezing for later!
Whether you’re looking for a great way to use the sweet potatoes you have on hand or you’re wanting an easy, fall-flavored breakfast recipe, these Sweet Potato Pancakes are perfect for everyone!
You’ll also love: Healthy Brunch Recipes For Fall
What you need
You’ll only need 8 simple ingredients for this easy recipe!
Sweet potato puree – Make your own by boiling peeled sweet potatoes and blending together into a puree (like we did in this Sweet Potato Soup recipe) or use canned sweet potato instead!
Eggs – Want to make a vegan version? Simply replace the eggs with Flax Eggs!
Coconut oil – We love stocking up on this coconut oil for a discounted price at Thrive Market!
Almond milk – Feel free to substitute with your milk of choice.
Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar helps activate the baking powder and makes these pancakes fluffy!
Oat flour – If you’re looking for a great gluten-free flour, this oat flour is perfect for healthy pancakes! Another great option is this gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour. Don’t need these to be gluten-free? Whole wheat flour and/or regular flour work great, too!
Cinnamon – A little bit of cinnamon adds delicious fall flavors to these sweet potato pancakes!
Baking powder – Baking powder helps make these pancakes extra fluffy.
How to make Sweet Potato Pancakes
1. Combine sweet potato puree, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar together.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, and a dash of salt together.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together.
4. Cook the pancakes and enjoy!
TIP: Cook the pancakes for the right amount of time by making sure that they start to bubble before flipping over!
Serving these pancakes fresh? Here are a few healthy topping ideas:
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, apples, blueberries)
- Walnuts or pecans
- Almond butter or cashew butter
- Maple syrup
No matter how you decide to top these yummy pancakes, you’ll LOVE how fluffy and delicious they are!
You’ll also love: 9 Easy Healthy Pancakes Recipes!
Freezing Sweet Potato Pancakes
These Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes can be made in advance and frozen for later! To freeze, simply let cool in the refrigerator for about an hour in an airtight, freezer-safe container without the lid. Next, add the lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months!
More fall pancakes you’ll love:
Healthy fall breakfast ideas:
- Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Maple Butternut Squash Quinoa Breakfast Bake
Loving this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating and let us know in the comments below!
Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Mix the sweet potato puree, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, flour, and cinnamon together.
- Combine the ingredients and mix.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into an oiled pan of medium-high heat.
- Cook the pancakes for about 2-3 minutes (or until the pancake starts to bubble and is solid on one side), then flip.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Use almond milk or your milk of choice.
- Make this recipe vegan by replacing the eggs with Flax Eggs!
- Feel free to use whole wheat or all-purpose flour, instead.
Leave a Reply