The holidays are upon us, friends! And if you’re planning on making a Thanksgiving turkey, there will almost definitely be leftovers that will need to be eaten. After a day or so of being in the kitchen cooking, the last thing anyone wants is to make another complicated recipe!
This Slow Cooker Turkey Noodle Soup is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey. It’s cozy, hearty, delicious, and INCREDIBLY easy to make! Since it’s made in the crockpot, it pretty much requires zero effort, meaning more time and energy to enjoy your family and friends.
You might also like: Organizing Thanksgiving Leftovers (And What To Do With Them)
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Easy Turkey Noodle Soup!
Leftover Turkey – Both leftover turkey or chicken work great in the recipe.
Wide Egg Noodles – For this recipe I used these wide egg noodles, but feel free to use any type of egg noodles that you want!
Carrots/Celery – Carrots and celery are a staple for noodle soups. However, zucchini, peas, and sweet potato are also great options!
Chicken Broth – Chicken or vegetable broth are both wonderful in this recipe.
Seasoning – A combination of garlic powder, dried onions, and dried sage make this recipe so flavorful! Feel free to substitute dried or fresh rosemary or parsley for the sage if desired.
Want to take this recipe to the next level? Try adding a little bit of cream of chicken!
How to make Turkey Noodle Soup in the slow cooker
Turkey Noodle Soup can be made by cooking it on high in the slow cooker for about 2.5 -3 hours or low for about 5-6 hours. Here’s how to make the easy recipe:
1. Cook the veggies in a little bit of olive oil.
2. Add in the broth and seasoning.
3. Add in the leftover turkey and noodles.
4. Serve and enjoy!
This Turkey Noodle Soup recipe can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months!
More ideas for leftover turkey
- Easy Turkey Rice Casserole
- Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet (sub turkey for chicken)
- Veggie-Loaded Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Low-Carb Mexican Meal Prep Bowls (sub turkey for chicken)
Loving the recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below!
Easy Turkey Noodle Soup (Slow Cooker)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium carrots (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 7-8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried onion
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 3 cups leftover turkey (shredded)
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Chop the celery and carrots.
- Cook the chopped celery and carrots with the olive oil in the slow cooker on high for 30 minutes (or low for 1 hour).
- Add in the garlic powder, dried onions, dried sage, and broth.
- Continue to cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes (or low for 3 hours).
- Add in the leftover turkey and wide egg noodles, mixing everything together.
- Cook on high for another 30-40 minutes (or low for about 1 hour), or until the noodles and vegetables are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste!
- Feel free to substitute dried or fresh rosemary or parsley for the sage if desired.
- Want to take this recipe to the next level? Try adding a little bit of cream of chicken!
- This Turkey Noodle Soup recipe can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months.
Leave a Reply