If you’re looking for a cozy, quick, easy, and DELICIOUS weeknight dinner, this beef stew recipe is the best. It’s a throw everything in the stock pot, let it cook, and have healthy meals all week long kinda recipe! It’s also loaded with nutrition and great for the entire family. We’re loving this recipe as one of our favorite go-to’s for the cold weather season!
RELATED: Beef Curry Rice Burger Bowl
How to make this quick & easy beef stew recipe
1. Cook beef in a stockpot for 7-10 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and carrots.
3. Add broth and cook for another 7-10 minutes.
4. Add canned beans and chickpeas.
5. Add canned vegetables.
6. Cook for another 7-10 minutes.
What to include in beef stew
Aside from the classic combination of beef, broth, potatoes, and carrots, we’ve included black beans, chickpeas, green beans, and diced tomatoes. A few other options are:
- Brussels Sprouts
The possibilities are endless!
How to store beef stew
Make a big batch of this delicious beef stew recipe and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for up to 3 months!
To store, simply pour the beef stew into these airtight, freezer-safe containers and refrigerate for about an hour without the lid. Add the lid and store in the refrigerator or freezer!
To reheat from refrigeration, microwave for about 2 minutes per bowl or for about 15 minutes on the stovetop. To reheat from frozen, microwave the microwave-safe container until warm (times will vary depending on the amount).
More soups and stews you’ll love!
- Hearty Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe
- Vegan Ramen Soup w/ Zucchini Noodles
- Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup
The BEST Beef Stew (Quick & Easy)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb beef chuck stew meat (cut into cubes)
- 5 cups low-sodium beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion flakes
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup baby carrots (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 2 16 oz. can black beans (drained)
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 14.5 oz. can green beans (drained)
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- In a large stock pot, add the oil, beef, seasoning, chopped carrots, and cubed potatoes.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add in the broth and continue to cook another 7-10 minutes.
- Add the canned vegetables and more seasoning to taste (optional).
- Cook for another 7-10 minutes, or until everything is soft.
- Serve and enjoy!