Transitioning to December means my brain is immediately set on sugar cookies, hot cocoa, beautiful lights, trees, music, friends, and family. All the Christmas things. Yaaaaay!
I’m also really looking forward to cozy Saturday mornings this month now that we’re finally back in town for the next few weeks! There’s nothing like a lazy brunch on a chilly fall morning. And these buckwheat pancakes with pomegranate compote are PERFECT!
They’re not only absolutely delicious but they’re super healthy too and keep you full until lunchtime. Here’s what’s in them;
Ingredients For Buckwheat Pancakes
- Buckwheat Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Almond Milk
- Greek Yogurt
The pancakes are light, fluffy and super easy to make, just mix all the ingredients together and dollop the mixture in batches in a hot pan. The pomegranate compote is really simple too and has all the juicy sweet flavor of fall.
Pomegranate Compote – What You Need
- Frozen Cherries
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Coconut Sugar
These three simple ingredients make the most delicious, quick and easy topping that’s not only perfect for these buckwheat pancakes but is delicious spooned over ice cream, french toast, and other sweet treats!
Using Buckwheat Flour
Now, I must admit that I’m new to the realm of buckwheat. However, my life has been changed! If you’re sensitive to wheat, buckwheat flour is gluten-free.
Not only that, but it’s also packed with nutrients! I’m not sure how I’ve missed out on it all of this time, but I plan on posting a lot more buckwheat recipes on here soon! Also, this is the type of buckwheat flour that I buy and I love love love it. You can buy it online or pretty much at any grocery store!
These buckwheat pancakes have a little bit of a nutty, earthy flavor. They’re delicately balanced out by the sweet and tart cherry/pomegranate compote (which is also loaded with nutrition)!
This entire combination is heavenly. Cody and I originally made these for dinner (breakfast for dinner, oh yeah!) and HAD to make them again. Of course his serving was loaded with sausage and bacon as well, but that’s beside the point.
More Delicious Pancake Recipes You Might Like;
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes
- Mocha Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- Pecan Pie Pancakes
Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Mix the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, keeping some lumps in the batter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into an oiled, non-stick pan.
- Cook the pancake on one side for about 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form.
- Flip and cook about 1 minute on the other side.
- Serve and enjoy!