Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Recipe
I’ve been making different variations of this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta on repeat lately, and I’m so obsessed! There’s so much flavor, but the process is quick and easy. And nothing beats a 30-minute dinner, especially when you have littles running around!
The key to making this recipe in a true 30 minutes is to do multiple things at the same time. While the chicken and broccoli sheet pan bake in the oven, boil the pasta and create the sauce simultaneously on separate burners. As the sauce cooks, drain the pasta and finish the chicken in the oven. Then add it all or your sauce and done!
You’ll Also Love: Baked Gluten-Free Mac & Cheese
What You’ll Need
- Chicken Breasts – About 16 oz total, sliced in half lengthwise to make 4.
- Breadcrumbs – Or nut crumbs for a healthier alternative!
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Avocado Oil – Or melted butter.
- Broccoli Florets
Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Bow-Tie Pasta – Or chickpea penne pasta for a gluten-free pasta alternative.
- Butter – Preferred for sauce taste, but avocado or olive oil work great, too!
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Milk – Regular milk is my personal favorite for this recipe, but heavy cream can give the pasta a creamier texture.
- Dried Sage – Or parsley.
- Salt (to taste)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
You’ll need a large sheet pan, a large saute pan with tall sides, and a pot for boiling the pasta. That’s it! Here’s how to make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta:
1. Bake the Parmesan Chicken
Brush avocado oil over each halved chicken breast, then coat in a mixture of breadcrumbs, parmesan, and salt. Place on one side of a sheet pan and spray with some extra oil!
Add broccoli florets to the other side of the pan and drizzle with oil. Bake for 15 minutes, then add marina sauce and mozzarella to the chicken. Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
2. Cook the Pasta
While the chicken and veggies bake, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Whisk & Simmer the Sauce
To make the creamy sauce, melt the butter and toast the garlic in a saute pan. Then whisk in the broth, milk, sage, and salt. Simmer to thicken, remove from heat, and add in the parmesan.
4. Combine Everything
Add the cooked pasta and roasted broccoli to the sauce, stirring until evenly coated. Add the parmesan chicken to each serving and enjoy!
Take this up a notch with these yummy ideas!
- Top with red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to cube the cooked chicken and mix it into the pasta.
- Serve with a side salad.
- Mix in a little bit of cream cheese for an even creamier, cheesier pasta!
- Garnish with fresh sage leaves or freshly chopped parsley.
Storing Creamy Garlic Pasta Leftovers
To store leftovers, you can either it’s best to keep the chicken and pasta in separate, airtight containers. Keep this recipe in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months!
To reheat, it’s best to warm the chicken in an air fryer or the oven to keep its crispy texture. The pasta reheats best in the microwave with about 1/2 Tablespoon of milk or broth mixed in to retain moisture!
More Healthy Pasta Dinner Recipes
- Mushroom & Spinach Pasta Bake
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Recipe
- Spicy Vodka Ham Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta Bake
Sign up for my email list to get my FREE 7 Meal-Planning Secrets To Making Wholesome Dinners (In 30 Minutes Or Less) course!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Make Parmesan Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with oil.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and salt in a bowl.
- Lightly brush 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil onto the chicken halves, then dip into breadcrumb mixture, coating evenly on both sides. Place on baking sheet on one end of the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken. Lightly spray a little more oil on top.
- Add the broccoli florets to other side of pan. Drizzle with oil and add salt to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Brush the marina sauce and 1/4 cup mozzarella on the chicken breasts, rotate the broccoli ,then place the sheet pan back in the oven for about 5-7 minutes.
Cook Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- On a separate burner, melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add in the minced garlic, toast 1-2 min, then add the broth, milk, sage, and salt to taste.
- Whisk for about 4-5 minutes, cooking until sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated parmesan.
- Add in cooked pasta, stirring until evenly coated.
- Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and the roasted broccoli.
- Add pasta to each plate and top with parmesan chicken. Enjoy!