It’s a new year, and it’s a new you!
Well, at least that’s what I’ve been seeing all over Instagram. Everyone’s starting the new year off with goals, plans (you should totally get a FREE 5 day nutrition plan here!), and momentum. I think it’s great! If you’re doing that, seriously, I’m so proud of ya. Stay strong, don’t lose that motivation! Do whatever it takes to get to those goals!
Of course, it wouldn’t be fair for me to sit here and talk about how great your goals are without being honest about some of mine. This year, I want to get more done in less time (everyone’s dream, right?). I want to really focus when I’m working, and focus on one thing at a time. I also want to grow my faith and spend more time with God, as well as put more of my hope in Him (not in circumstances or achievements). And, obviously, the most popular New Years resolution of all time: to eat healthier, cleaner, and better in a more consistent way!
Wha? Christine, I thought you always eat super healthy, you have a health food blog, oh my gah!
Yes, it’s true. Sometimes I splurge. And by sometimes I mean every Sunday at Grammy’s (that’s grandmother in Texan) house and the occasional emotional breakdown. While I do try to splurge on healthy things like these Caramel Chocolate Brownies, Healthy Mac and Cheese, or S’more Tartlets (SO good ya’ll.), there ARE those occasions where my food integrity goes out the window and it’s a hot mess of pizza, ice cream, candy, and everything in between. TELL me we’ve all been there???
Thankfully, I’ve figured out a way to avoid those times as much as possible and this seems to be the ONLY thing that works for me. I know some you all have the most amazing mind control, and you can avoid that stuff with no prob. But for those of you who can relate to me on this, the only way I can steer clear from those times is:
1.) Don’t keep it in the house!
2.) Keep a ton of healthy foods and healthy splurges in stock.
3.) Let yourself eat a healthy splurge or an alternative to a non healthy food every once in a while.
Which brings me to this Healthy CauliflowerMushroom Pizza! This is more of an alternative to regular pizza, rather than a healthy splurge. But I can see it both ways! Gooey, soft, melt-in-your-mouth. It’s the BEST!
If you have kids, this pizza could be a fun project with them. The dough is messy, you can make crazy shapes, you know. All that stuff I think kids love (not that I would really know anything about that). If you don’t have kids who are willingly ready and excited to knead really messy dough, I recommend taking the route I took! The dough maker that comes in the Ninja System is PERFECT for something like this! You can also make more of the dough and then freeze it to have pizza ready to go in the future! Or just make a bunch of pizza’s and refrigerate the leftovers. Here’s the delicious recipe:
Healthy Cauliflower Mushroom Pizza
- 1/2 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 2 oz . fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 small sweet peppers
- spray coconut oil
- pizza seasoning
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the flour.
- In a bowl, mix the yeast and warm water until the yeast completely dissolves. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix the coconut oil, honey, remaining flour, and salt. Add in the yeast mixture. Mix until the dough is created.
- Cover the dough bowl tightly and place in a warm area for 1 hour to allow the dough to rise.
- Once the dough has risen, knead the dough with the set aside flour to keep it from sticking.
- Flatten the dough on a pizza pan, lifting the edges to create a crust.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the garlic and olive oil together, then spread over the pizza.
- Wash and lightly steam the cauliflower. In a blender, create a cauliflower mash by blending the cauliflower and milk. Spread over the pizza.
- Top with fresh mozzarella, greens, sliced grape tomatoes, sliced sweet peppers, seasoning, and salt/pepper.
- Spray the pizza crust with coconut oil, then add seasoning and salt/pepper to the crust.
- Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes, serve, and enjoy!