Warm, gooey, melt-in-your mouth, Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies made with rolled oats, whole wheat flour, and dark brown sugar. All of the goodness of soft and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but lightened-up and guilt-free!
If you’ve been on the search for the most perfect healthy cookie recipe, these Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the BEST EVER! The ingredients are simple, the recipe is quick and easy, and the end result is DELICIOUS. Here’s what we’re loving about these Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- They’re made with whole wheat flour instead of regular flour, so more nutrition in each cookie!
- They’re soft and chewy.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS – need we say more?
- The dough can be frozen for baking later.
- They taste indulgent, but we love that they’re lightened-up!
RELATED: Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oats
What you need for Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
We used white whole wheat flour in this recipe because it has a milder flavor than whole wheat flour. We also added in a small amount of oat flour! However, feel free to substitute the flour with whole wheat or regular all-purpose flour.
What type of oats to use in oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
Rolled oats typically work best in oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!
Want to take these cookies up a notch? Here are some ideas:
- Add in chopped walnuts
- Use these chocolate chunks instead of chips (they’re SO good)
- Mix in coconut shavings
- Sprinkle a little bit of gourmet salt on each cookie
Storing oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week. The cookie dough can also be frozen for up to a month for baking later on!
More healthy cookie recipes you’ll love:
- Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten-Free Almond Cookies
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookie Recipe
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the white whole wheat flour, oat flour, rolled oats, and baking soda together.
- In a separate bowl, lightly melt the butter and mix with the egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and almond butter.
- Mix the dry and liquid ingredients together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Roll dough into balls, place on a baking sheet, and lightly flatten each cookie with a spoon.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!