Spicy Thai Cashew Chicken Noodles Recipe
Oh, how I love this easy Cashew Chicken recipe, friends. It’s full of so many good things and truly the most perfect weeknight dinner! It can be made quickly, and all in one pan, so clean-up is a breeze. Every single bite is full of delicious, umami flavor, and I’m so here for it!
Adjust the level of spiciness to your own personal taste, add sesame seeds and more cashews for a little crunchy texture, or mix in any stir-fried veggies you like. This Spicy Thai Cashew Chicken Noodles recipe is better-than-takeout GOOD!
Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Rice Noodles – I love using these rice noodles for this recipe!
- Chicken Breast
- Bell Peppers – You’ll need 1 red bell pepper and 1 green.
- Roasted Cashews
- Green Onion
- Minced Garlic
- Avocado Oil – Or any type of cooking/vegetable oil.
- Chicken Broth
- Low Sodium Tamari – Or low sodium soy sauce!
- Rice Vinegar
- Grated Ginger – Freshly grated ginger is best, but 1 teaspoon of ginger powder works great, too.
- Salt/Black Pepper
- Tapioca Starch – Cornstarch works great, too.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Adjust the amount to taste!
How to Make Spicy Cashew Chicken Noodle Bowls
1. Cook The Noodles
Cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
2. Mix The Sauce
While the noodles cook, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
3. Make The Cashew Chicken
In a saute pan or skillet, cook the chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, and lightly toast the roasted cashews. Add the sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes to slightly thicken!
4. Add To The Noodle Bowls
Divide the noodles into bowls, then top with the cashew chicken, any extra sauce, green onions, sesame seeds, extra crushed red pepper, or anything else you like!
Other Vegetable Add-In Ideas
- Sliced Carrots
How to Store Cashew Chicken
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
I recommend storing this recipe in meal prep containers (or the serving size you want) and then simply reheating it in the microwave (stirring often) whenever you’re ready to enjoy.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Crispy Chili Lime Chickpea Salad
- Weeknight Chicken Pad Thai
- Birria Ramen Bowls
- Chicken Shawarma Grain Bowls
- Healthy Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Spicy Cashew Chicken (Noodle Bowls Recipe)
Cashew Chicken Noodles
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium tamari
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (decrease to 1/2 teaspoon for less spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (decrease to 1/2 teaspoon for less spice)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat up the avocado oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- Once warm, add the garlic and green onion. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chicken and cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned but not totally cooked through.
- Add in the bell peppers and zucchini, then saute for an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the chicken and veggies.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes to let the sauce thicken and flavors blend.
- Stir in the roasted cashews and the remaining green bits from the onion.
- Serve over the noodles and enjoy!