Here’s the thing: I’m REALLY bad at chopping things. Like, really. Ok hold on, let me re-write that: I’m really bad at chopping garlic and other small produce items as such. I’m good with peppers, tomatoes…but garlic? NO thanks. Here’s the other thing: It’s SO good for you and can really take your dish to another level! Therefore, I try to find ways to incorporate it (and other good-for-ya herbs) into my meals as much as possible. And you guys KNOW I’m all about that
lazy girl minimalist approach to healthy eating!
Recently, I was introduced to these Dorot Crushed Garlic squares and OHMYGOSH! Life-changing, y’all. Life-changing.
LITERALLY: You can purchase these squares in the frozen section of Trader Joes or Whole Foods, take them home, remove them from the package, place them in your dish while cooking (no thawing required), and be DONE with it. The. Easiest. Ever.
Up your dinner game (while making your life easier) by heading over to the Dorot website to download a $1 coupon for any of their amazing garlic and herbs (they have so many amazing ones, guys)!
Now for the delicious and easy Roasted Butternut Squash & Garlic Quinoa.
Make your life easier tip #2: Chop up your butternut squash in advance, buy it frozen, or buy it pre-cut. Butternut squash is not the simplest thing to cut, and I’m not above that frozen food life! Do what you gotta do, girl. 😉
In this case, the butternut squash was roasted in just 25 minutes and garlic quinoa was made in 10 (while the squash was roasting). Healthy, delicious dinner in under 25! WIN! Not to mention that we only have 6 ingredients here. This Roasted Butternut Squash & Garlic Quinoa recipe is incredibly easy and perfect for a “go-to” meal!
Looking for an easy approach to preparing quinoa? Check out our post How To Cook Quinoa Perfectly Every Time.
Here’s the easy recipe:
Roasted Butternut Squash & Garlic Quinoa
- 1 small butternut squash (about 3 cups cubed, cut into squares)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 Dorot Crushed Garlic square
- 3 leaves kale
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay the pre-cut butternut squash flat in a pan, drizzle with coconut oil, top with salt/pepper, and roast for 20-25 minutes. Squash is done when you can pierce easily with a fork.
- While the squash is roasting, cook the quinoa according to directions.
- When the quinoa is close to done (but still hot), add in the frozen Dorot Crushed Garlic square and mix in until dissolved.
- Tear the kale and add it to the quinoa.
- Combine everything into bowls, serve, and enjoy!