If you’ve hung around this space very long, then it’s probably no secret to you that I used to hate salads and raw vegetables in general. Well, until I started my big journey to start liking vegetables, that is!
Since I started this site, I have been on a mission to find ways to combine vegetables (both in salads and other meals) with seasonings and healthy dressings and actually make them taste good. Thankfully, there have been some PRETTY delicious creations since then (hello 20+ Easy Healthy Salad Recipes)! This Simple Green Goodness Chickpea Salad is definitely one of them, balancing creamy and crunchy textures with salty and savory flavors. It’s a great way to get tons of veggies into your everyday meals!
P.S: Thank you guys for coming along this healthy eating journey with me! We are all in this together. 🙌🏻 If you want more delicious and healthy recipes, be sure to subscribe HERE!
How to make a Simple Chickpea Salad in 10 minutes
For this Simple Green Goodness Chickpea Salad, you’ll need:
- Fresh spinach and/or kale
- Fresh broccoli
- Fresh asparagus
- Fresh avocado
- Canned chickpeas
- Yogurt (for dressing)
- Horseradish mustard (I love this one!)
- Salt, pepper, oregano (this river salt is AMAZING)
You can find and have these healthy, fresh ingredients delivered to your doorstep with Amazon fresh. Order today and get a free trial!
While this salad is delicious as is, there are tons of toppings that can be added to take it to the next level! Top this chickpea salad with sliced almonds, avocado oil, extra salt flakes, pepper, feta cheese, or your favorite dressing.
You can also add organic chicken, grass-fed beef, or wild caught (fresh, frozen, or canned) salmon for more protein! I love purchasing all meat through Butcher Box, as their meats are high-quality, organic, and ethically raised. Here’s a $20 coupon to Butcher Box (and my honest review if you’re interested in learning more)!
Storing for meal prep
This salad can be meal prepped for the week! Simply store it in airtight containers and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days. Add in the avocado and dressing whenever you’re ready to eat it!
More delicious and healthy salad recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Quinoa Salad With Feta Cheese
- Healthy Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- Springtime Avocado Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
Simple Green Goodness Chickpea Salad
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 head broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (cut into small pieces)
- 1 avocado (sliced or cubed)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp horseradish mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Drain and wash the chickpeas.
- Mix the chickpeas with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Mix the spinach, kale, broccoli florets, chopped asparagus, avocado slices, and chickpeas in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the greek yogurt, horseradish mustard, water (to desired consistency), and salt (to taste) until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, then top with salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply